What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Funny you should say that,my brother in law used to have a Lambretta ,so yes,but you got me on right hand gear change,would be stamping on the rear brake 😶 did have CZ that you pushed in and flipped back the the gear lever and it became the kick start.

Mhorn999

Post by Mhorn999 »

1. The charging socket flap has no lock on it !!!!! XC40 recharge my23
2. Water collects in the charging area if it rains while charging your car , no drainage hole to drain this away !!!! and yes I know I can spend another £20 to get a rain cover , but why isn't one supplied as part of the car !!!
3. No support for usb2 music or audio jack. Mp3 music player refuses to connect. And no I don't want to pay a music subscription to listen to music I have already bought.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I recall Eugen61 told us that an app called AudioWagon needs to be downloaded and used to play music files held on USB drives. Not surprisingly AAOS has no native support for such media.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

I use AudioWagon with a USB drive. It does work, but a bit flaky at times when car first started.
XC40 MY23 B4P Plus AWD 7 Speed Auto AAOS
Deleted User 4296

Post by Deleted User 4296 »

Find music in modern cars utter useless - subscribe this subscribe that, USB this AudioWaggon that - really, what was wrong with still supplying a CD player alongside too, apart from the obvious loss of the money grabbing subscriptions that is!!!
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Snow man wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:16 am Funny you should say that,my brother in law used to have a Lambretta ,so yes,but you got me on right hand gear change,would be stamping on the rear brake 😶 did have CZ that you pushed in and flipped back the the gear lever and it became the kick start.
My bikes were right-hand gear change when I was young but then having ridden modern stuff for many years I was a bit aprehensive a few years back when I was looking to buy a 1973 Triumph Tiger 750. Needn't have worried though - for the first half mile or so I press very lightly on the rear brake lever in readiness for braking and after that no problem. I ride the modern stuff more so don't have to think about it on them - both Triumphs as well.

Found a new thing on the car as well. Dropped my wife off down a narrow access lane and then waited for a gap in the traffic at the main road using Autohold. After awhile (road was busy) the parking brake would come on, this happened a few times and I was thinking I had a fault or it was the steepness of the road, though it hadn't happened before. Then realized I didn't have my seat belt on - alarm hadn't sounded due to low speed.

Got back home and whilst idling left Autohold on for a few minutes and it was fine. Took seatbelt off and shortly after the Parking brake came on, so normal behaviour, makes sense I guess. First time it's happened in over three years.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Volvobadger

Post by Volvobadger »

If you've an android phone and want to stream mp3's from your phone you need to install samsung music. I made a thread here a while back.

viewtopic.php?t=3363
mss911

Post by mss911 »

You can adjust the preset Parking Assist & SatNav Voice volumes (maybe others) using the central main volume adjust dial during announcements.

Been bugging me for months why the Systems volumes appeared to randomly adjust until I spotted some new (to me) icons in the top left of the screen while trying to turn the radio volume down.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Mhorn999 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:41 am 1. The charging socket flap has no lock on it !!!!! XC40 recharge my23
To be fair, they only locked to stop people syphoning fuel from your car. I'm not sure anybody has found a way to syphon electricity yet :)
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Noticed it when I picked the car up, that the wheels seemed shinier than I remember. Confirmed it today when moving my spare set. The new ones are gloss black whilst the earlier ones were satin. The gloss black matches the gloss black trim and mirrors etc. nicely.

The twice I've washed the car so far I've been very careful with the wheels using a soft cloth rather than my usual sponge.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.