Browsing audio files via Bluetooth with 2023 Google system

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Volvobadger

Post by Volvobadger »

Hi,
Has anybody been able to browse their media files stored on an android phone via Bluetooth? I can send music to the car from the phone but would be handy if it let me see my library on the Google head unit.

I've seen this work when connecting an iPod touch through the Google system via Bluetooth.

Cheers

Volvobadger

Post by Volvobadger »

Right then just in case anyone else finds this useful I've found how to get the android aaos system to browse my media library stored on my phone offer Bluetooth.

First thing to do is have a music player app on your phone that supports the mediabrowserservice. After much searching the only one I found is Samsung music which is in the play store.

Once I'd installed this it catalogued all of my music on my phone ( including the SD card ).

Then I was able to select the Bluetooth media player in the car and it picked up Samsung music and from there I could browse my stored music on the head unit. From memory I might have needed to start the Samsung music app on my phone the very first time.

You'll also need to make sure the music icon is selected in the Bluetooth settings section for the car.

Hope this saves someone a headache.

Phone used Samsung S20 FE with SD card. Volvo software installed V2.4.

Screenshot_20221208-214314_Gallery.jpg