Infotainment system failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

My screen went blank today, sensus! First time in 2.5 years. In the middle of turning the temperature down the screen froze, then went blank. It wouldn't come back on for the rest of the journey, around 10 minutes or so. I tried holding the home button down, the media play button, both together just couldn't force a reboot.

Only after we left it and came back around 20 minutes later did it come back to life. Can someone remind me how to force a reboot?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Felindre wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:28 am Can someone remind me how to force a reboot?
Sensus reset: push and hold for 30 sec middle of volume control bezel AND home button of the centre instrument display panel, afterwards lock and unlock the car with key fob from inside the car.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Thanks, that exactly what I tried sitting at traffic lights, didn't make any difference, wouldn't wake up until I'd left it to go quiet.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

At least it wasn't the drivers display as happened with my previous car a few times!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.