Polestar

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
allroad

Post by allroad »

Mine being fitted as I type this ... will let you know thoughts soon
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

allroad wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:27 pm Mine being fitted as I type this ... will let you know thoughts soon
Keen to hear your thoughts allroad before I stick my badge on!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
allroad

Post by allroad »

Just got car back . They stuck badge on ! Will let you know my thoughts
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

allroad wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:31 pm Just got car back . They stuck badge on ! Will let you know my thoughts
Come on, stop having fun and having a play with the new found power, bottom line, is it worth it?
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
allroad

Post by allroad »

Well guys the day after the fit ... the car is deffo a lot smoother and slicker gears pulling away from a junction or overtaking does not have the lag ! Acceleration is smoother and sharp..... but the question is it worth it ? I think it’s the way the car should have been delivered not needing to spend £695 extra ! Personally if your not an enthusiast for the latest tech . I would advise the standard set up is grand !
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

allroad wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:07 am Well guys the day after the fit ... the car is deffo a lot smoother and slicker gears pulling away from a junction or overtaking does not have the lag ! Acceleration is smoother and sharp..... but the question is it worth it ? I think it’s the way the car should have been delivered not needing to spend £695 extra ! Personally if your not an enthusiast for the latest tech . I would advise the standard set up is grand !
You will be giving at back after 14 days then?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
allroad

Post by allroad »

mmmm not possible Im off on holiday tomorrow for Three weeks but I must say today's drive to work was very smooth and responsive !!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

allroad wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:49 pm mmmm not possible Im off on holiday tomorrow for Three weeks but I must say today's drive to work was very smooth and responsive !!
Just been out playing around with different modes etc. I think the Polestar addition really brings out the best in Dynamic Mode (or is it vice versa?), and that combined set up when using paddles is extremely responsive. To me, the upgrade extends the already wide range of driving options and is a major bonus.

I agree the big question might be why isn’t it a standard set up at no extra cost, but you could ask that question about lots of features - eg 4C suspension. A manufacturer has to offer a standard specification and then what’s in it depends on the overall price/performance equation. The XC40 overall in most configurations delivers excellent price/performance, so adding this extra boost on top for “only” £695 seems reasonable to me. Especially given the extra level of bang for the buck already delivered in the FE spec.
Last edited by pjm007 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

I'm wondering if anyone has got the Polestar upgrade for the T5 engine? Would love to hear thoughts on that, will more than likely get it for mine at some point.
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MrParkson wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:33 pm I'm wondering if anyone has got the Polestar upgrade for the T5 engine? Would love to hear thoughts on that, will more than likely get it for mine at some point.
Telboy was planning to get it. Any news Tel?