back seat headrest - how to remove it?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
sirchals

Post by sirchals »

hi all, how can I remove back seat (side ones) headrest? Child car seat will not fit properly unless removing it.
Nowhere I could find an answer, is it that cannot be removed? If so, I feel it's a safety concern when dealing with front-facing child car seats. I don't particularly like to move daughter to a booster yet.
XC40 D4 FE

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

sirchals wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm hi all, how can I remove back seat (side ones) headrest? Child car seat will not fit properly unless removing it.
Nowhere I could find an answer, is it that cannot be removed? If so, I feel it's a safety concern when dealing with front-facing child car seats. I don't particularly like to move daughter to a booster yet.

Don't think you are able to remove them. Probably linked to the fact that they can be electrically folded? The manual (Page 59) seems to imply you just fold the rear headrests to enable the fitting of child seats. Does that not work?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
sirchals

Post by sirchals »

folding helps on visibility and does it automatically when back folding seats forward, but unless they can be removed I cannot see a way to (safely) fit child seat (tall ones) as back of child seat leans forward due to headrest.

nobody else has this problem?
XC40 D4 FE
johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

We tried various different child car seats at Halfords today , the 1/2/3 seats with extending back/ head protection cannot be fitted correctly with the electrically folding car rear headrests. They are OK and fit fine without extension so OK up to 5/6 year olds and then? This is an issue that should possibly be raised with Volvo? Shame I didn't take some pictures.

Will be trying the Volvo dealership tomorrow to see how they overcome the problem. Someone in the company's Safety and Design Dept must have reviewed child car seat fitments pre production.
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

Use original volvo child seats they are made for the car..
Volvo child seats are rearward facing.. The safe way.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/accessorie ... ryId=36587
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
andygou

Post by andygou »

The Volvo seat only handles youngsters up to about 6 years old. What about older children?
T5 FE Bursting Blue, 19" wheels, no headlamp cleaning. Ordered 24 February, arrived at dealer 25 April, delivered 30 April.
David56

Post by David56 »

andygou wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:37 pm The Volvo seat only handles youngsters up to about 6 years old. What about older children?
Sling them in a cage in the boot.. sorted!
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

andygou wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:37 pm The Volvo seat only handles youngsters up to about 6 years old. What about older children?
Booster seats?
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
PC40

Post by PC40 »

Volvo appear to do a seat and backrest in leather and nubuck that will fit the XC40, and match the interior!
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018