No headlight washers...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
David56

Post by David56 »

apepat wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:50 pm
David56 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:17 pm
apepat wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:37 pm
Did you know if the car came without the washers before your collection?
I was informed that I had the 20's and washers before delivery to me, obviously the dealer needs to go to specsavers!
Oh dear, are you pushing for any compensation or even rejecting the car?
To be honest it's never worried me in the slightest either way, happy as it is.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold

apepat

Post by apepat »

Just a quick update, spoke to the dealer today, told me they had another 2 or 3 customers with the same issue and contacted them... They said they were still trying to confirm the payment with Volvo UK but sounded like it would be £350 back to the pocket as mentioned in the memo. Not 100% but probably would just be a refund if rejecting the car, was told obviously no slots for R Design for this year - obviously I won’t as I got a very good deal and the washers are not a deal breaker.
Volvo XC40 D4 First Edition | Bursting Blue | 20" | No headlight washers | Polestar optimised ;)
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I picked mine up earlier, sales guy had no idea (or didn't want me to have the cash) . . changed his tune when I said I'd contact Volvo directly to query it . . . I'll be getting the £350 cheque in the post :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

MPS 1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm Hi, this is probably a silly question but how do you know if the car does have headlight washers or not? Thanks
You'll see cutouts on the front bumper if you have them. Apparently these aren't on non-washer models.
XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

ForgotRafe wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:12 pm
MPS 1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm Hi, this is probably a silly question but how do you know if the car does have headlight washers or not? Thanks
You'll see cutouts on the front bumper if you have them. Apparently these aren't on non-washer models.
Mine has no washers and you can see there are no square cut outs:

p.s. . . . yes, just an excuse to post my pretty car again!!
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

Just remembered I had a pic of my cutouts. Sorry, there's not much context but it's on the bumper right underneath the headlamp (as you'd expect!)

IMG_5916.JPG

XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March
Gjf7622

Post by Gjf7622 »

I ordered on 9th February a FE T5. A month or so later I called in to dealer and was shown an email from Volvo they had received. It stated that theywere no longer able to provide the 20" wheels and exterior washers on FE due to demand. The email which I saw on the screen said that customers who had requested this spec were to be reimbursed £350. Picked up car last Thursday (7th June) from different salesman said he wasnt aware of such an offer
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Collected my XC40 and no headlight washers dealer went to speak with sales manager and there is a claim form to fill in via the dealer for the £350 refund had to mention this to the dealer it wasn’t offered voluntarily 😳
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I ended up having to chase this up with the sales manager (he's new), He did arrange to transfer me the £350 (has been done) but he was still unsure of how they dealt with Volvo on that.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
apepat

Post by apepat »

My salesman said he would chase it up after I raised the issue - I heard nothing after 3 weeks. I left a not-so-good review for the dealer as I received the post-delivery survey (email) and the sales manager contacted subsequently - promised he would look into it. My salesman contacted a few days later and said the money would be transferred in 48 hours - surprise surprise it didn't happen after almost 2 weeks. I ended up contacting the manager again and I got the £350 to my bank account within 2 days. Well at least it's all done and dusted.
Volvo XC40 D4 First Edition | Bursting Blue | 20" | No headlight washers | Polestar optimised ;)