Change mph to kph... and reduced guard

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Was thinking that I was doing something wrong when changing mph to kph while on holiday in France, as it always reverted to mph when turning off and returning to car. I realised that you have to store the change in driver profile. I was using the tourist tab in the pop up but again goes back to mph when car is turned off.. Its a bit of a faff tbh as with the reduced guard when leaving the dog in the car to pop in the shop to stop her from setting the alarm off. With my previous car all you did was hold the lock button and wait for 2 bleeps.. It's still a learning curve.. Find the car a pleasure to drive

percymon

Post by percymon »

Yes its a bit of a faff to set the reduced alarm - couple it with leaving the air con on while parked , takes about 7 presses of the screen. Reduced alarm can be set in the app, which isnt really any quicker .
Cro

Post by Cro »

Volvo should really add the option to set the default alarm mode
Late MY23 XC40 B4P AWD Ultimate Bright Dusk /w Pixel lights.
Ordered 25th August 2022, delivered 11th January 2023
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Currently reduced alarm mode turns off internal movement and tilt sensors. So you wouldn't really want it to be the default mode, would you?
I have dogs, which I do sometimes leave in the car, but of course you can get into trouble for that. So I suspect reduced alarm mode is not intended for that purpose, hence why it's not a top level menu item. Difficult one to argue.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:00 am Currently reduced alarm mode turns off internal movement and tilt sensors. So you wouldn't really want it to be the default mode, would you?
I have dogs, which I do sometimes leave in the car, but of course you can get into trouble for that. So I suspect reduced alarm mode is not intended for that purpose, hence why it's not a top level menu item. Difficult one to argue.
She is only ever left for a few minutes always under a shaded tree, windows down 1inch hence the window deflectors just fitted..
percymon

Post by percymon »

Why not leave the air con running in parking menu ?