Volvo service and oil change

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
Amadainmhor

Post by Amadainmhor »

Hi all. New to this forum. But pissed with my Volvo garage. My xc40 hybrid has done 30k kms and only 2500kms of that was on petrol. The rest was short trips within the pure electric range. Problem is when I bring the car for it's service they are changing the oil and the filters which I believe to be unnecessary. Basically it's been serviced twice and had a full oil change twice. Now it's asking for another service and I want to insist they don't change the oil but am worried they will force it by threatening that my warranty won't be valid unless they do. Thoughts?

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Warranty will be voided if you don’t follow Volvo’s scheduled service plan, it’s in the warranty T&C.
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

And if it’s out of warranty don’t use a Volvo garage.
2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey
AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

Oil will deteriorate more rapidly with the short occasional use of the combustion engine.

In your case keeping to the service schedule is as important as a higher mileage driver. Your oil will be degraded by condensation and fuel contaminants primarily as you won’t run The ICE long enough to burn them off. The higher mileage ICE driver will have chance to burn off those contaminants but will have others from the combustion process and wear and tear.

Regular oil and oil filter changes are the most important thing to engine longevity and it’s not a particularly expensive part of the maintenance schedule.
2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark