Xc40 broken into without key

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
OxfordT

Post by OxfordT »

No new phones, App is only on my wife’s Apple iPhone. As per previous advice have changed the password. Will look for HQ contact but assumed Volvo dealership should be the interface as that’s where I would have taken the car if I was offered an analysis. Thanks for all the replies / advice.

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Well I don’t know about anyone else but I’m suspicious about this post
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
OxfordT

Post by OxfordT »

I thought this forum was for help with problems and for information useful to Volvo Xc40 owners. I have a police report, a security video, contacted the local dealer. Taken advice from the forum and police but there is suspicion from certain contributors? Each to their own.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

OxfordT, I have the same year as yours and just unlocked it with the app. It unlocks the whole car, winds out the door mirrors, flashes All indicators and leaves the front and rear lights on for a while.
An earlier post from Felindre says it works as you described, but I can only conclude the older Sensus models work that way? Not ours. So it seems the kid didn't use the app or a cloned key. Are you sure you locked it?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
OxfordT

Post by OxfordT »

I did think that but the video shows the mirrors were folded and they did not unfold and the lights illuminate, the only illumination (other than interior light) was the glow from the rear indicators almost as soon as he approaches the rear of the vehicle. To my knowledge the car opened normally with car key and the only evidence of anything wrong was the condition of the interior.
OxfordT

Post by OxfordT »

Is there any way I can load the video?
Moss

Post by Moss »

OxfordT wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:14 pm Is there any way I can load the video?
Why not post it on YouTube and give us a link ?
OxfordT

Post by OxfordT »

Sorry, never done that before
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:13 pm just unlocked it with the app. It unlocks the whole car, winds out the door mirrors, flashes All indicators and leaves the front and rear lights on for a while.
Did you have the car key with you when opening the door (after unlocking from the app)?

As Felindre and my post confirmed, it works on Sensus cars as described by the OP if unlocked from the app and opened WITHOUT having the key with you or nearby.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

No, I thought of that! Seems AAOS cars are different. Mine opens everything including mirrors from the Android app, there is no "press the boot button" message in my app after pressing "unlock". Car is fully unlocked.
Was the OP car actually locked properly I wonder.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.