Undocumented symbol on driver display - white car

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

I know this has been asked before, but I didn’t find a resolution. On starting the car (MY24 B4) in the top line of symbols, to the right hand side of the temp, a white car symbol (as seen from above) appears. After maybe a minute it disappears. Can’t find it in the manual on the app. Only thing I can think of is lane assist is turned off, but that’s pure speculation. Anyone know for sure what it represents?
2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey

riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

It’s not the door and seatbelt reminder icon is it?

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 5106c72981

Edit: if your car is one of the very latest models, see the bottom of this page:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 5122a09d24
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

No, not seatbelts, thats a large and obvious symbol in the centre. It's similar to the car symbol for the lane assist but has a solid white roof, not a pan roof, on the image. And oddly, the Volvo app I have doesn't show those symbols for lane assit in the warnings section - typical. I'm speculating it's because I have Lane assist off - I guess I could turn it on and see if that symbol changes (if I can be botehred!).
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

In mine it is to do with seatbelts. When I first get in and start the car I have the large icon in the middle of the display. When I hit Ok it changes to a small white icon at the top right of the display with my seat in red, when I put the seat belt on the red disappears and it's all white.

Is this the icon you are seeing?

20240312_131758.jpg

20240312_132206.jpg

2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

Yep, you’re right. A duplicated warning not documented. Barking. Thankyou!