On-call Climate only works with remote start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mouseymousey

Post by Mouseymousey »

Hi everyone

Just picked up my new XC40 (B3 Ultimate in case it makes a difference) and the climate control will only work if I answer yes to the Start the Car? Question. If I answer no then I just get a red error, Climate could not be started.

My understanding was that if you set the timer to a certain number, I've tried them all, then climate will work on battery alone. Have I misunderstood this or is there another issue?

Phone app is Android.

Thanks!

Snow man

Post by Snow man »

The engine needs to be running,is it an auto ?
Mouseymousey

Post by Mouseymousey »

Yes it's an auto. I thought I read somewhere that if you set the timer for sub 10 minutes the engine needs to be running but for 10-15 minutes it would use the battery. I can't find it now though. Strange that it gives the option to start the car or not, but only works with started.
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Are you thinking of Parking Climate ? When switched off and waiting in car?
Mouseymousey

Post by Mouseymousey »

Maybe - to be honest I read and watched so much whilst waiting for the car that I might have just dreamt it!

Thanks for the input
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

I can'r see how climate can work in a IC engined car unless the engine is running - as that runs the A/C compressor. The app I have (B4 Ultimate, MY24) doesn't give me a yes/no choice, just a "start" button. The info icon is quite clear - engine will start.
2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey
Mouseymousey

Post by Mouseymousey »

Found what I had read previously...

Direct-starting climate control
Start the climate control from the climate function in the Px-2037-VOC app icon Home tab. Enter for how long you plan to travel. When 30 minutes is selected, only the climate control starts in order to heat the passenger compartment. When 1-15 minutes is selected, there is also the option to remote start the car's engine for the car to reach comfort temperature more quickly. Read about remote start of the car in a separate section.

Link:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 511699ad33

Looks like I need to do it from the car itself, not the app
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I believe the Climate Control Package referenced in the link is only available in certain cold markets. The UK doesn't have it.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Mouseymousey

Post by Mouseymousey »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:18 pm I believe the Climate Control Package referenced in the link is only available in certain cold markets. The UK doesn't have it.
Yes makes sense, thanks.