AAOS 2.14.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Just installed AAOS 2.14.3. Took 15 mins.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Shouldn't this go in a single thread about AAOS versions rather than a new thread each time a revision comes out?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
VloMo

Post by VloMo »

Each one has its own features so I like it being a different thread plus the version is in the title.
percymon

Post by percymon »

My C40 just updated, took less than 10 minutes, despite the central screen warning it may need 90 minutes
VloMo

Post by VloMo »

And the feature list for this one is minor improvements and bug fixes none of which is going to be mentioned specifically.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

The motor industry are unique in that they can do things to something you are paying for or own outright and don't feel that they have to tell you what they are doing/have done! I find it unbelievable really.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:42 pm The motor industry are unique in that they can do things to something you are paying for or own outright and don't feel that they have to tell you what they are doing/have done! I find it unbelievable really.
It's very strange. I suppose we could refuse to install the updates unless they issued a full description of the fixes. I spent over 30 years working in the computer industry (hardware and software) and there is no way on earth that our customers would install updates without a full description of what those updates did.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, I'm guessing in some cases that they don't want to admit that something was below par like the left-hand indicator issue. If they fix the "whooping" noise when braking I wonder if they will mention that?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
dapaca

Post by dapaca »

I was thinking that the whooping noise had stopped for the first mile or so after installation...
Then I got the loudest whoop I've heard since buying the car.
MY23 B4 Ultimate Dark in Thunder Grey.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Did the install yesterday. Went to pick up my son from the station about a mile away and when parking the centre display went blank apart from a message saying the camera was temporarily unavailable. Screen was completely unresponsive and I turned off the heated seat and steering wheel using voice command.

On restarting and driving home it was the same. Stopped and restarted again to park in the drive and was working again. Will try again this morning and hopefully Ok or will need a reset.

This type of thing does niggle me when Volvo break things that were working fine before with their so called updates, whatever they are.