Isudar Carplay box U.K. installation?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Troilus1970

Post by Troilus1970 »

Hello I am thinking of buying the Isudar Carply box for my XC40

The installation looks pretty complicated. Has anyone in the U.K. installed this or can recommend a third party installer to do this? Thanks

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

There’s a cheaper and simpler solution if you’re looking to add only wireless connectivity to the existing factory CarPlay. I recently purchased CarlinKit 5.0 (2Air) and it works surprisingly well with my MY2020 Sensus head unit, takes 20 sec to connect Apple CarPlay, there’s no lag and my iPhone doesn’t overheat. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C1NK3F44 ... YS3KSP8SXQ
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

eugen61 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:24 am There’s a cheaper and simpler solution if you’re looking to add only wireless connectivity to the existing factory CarPlay. I recently purchased CarlinKit 5.0 (2Air) and it works surprisingly well with my MY2020 Sensus head unit, takes 20 sec to connect Apple CarPlay, there’s no lag and my iPhone doesn’t overheat. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C1NK3F44 ... YS3KSP8SXQ
Looks interesting, but appears to not be compatable with later Volvo's with Google AAOS?
XC40 MY23 B4P Plus AWD 7 Speed Auto AAOS
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

This looks like it adds wireless CarPlay to vehicles that do not already have the wired CarPlay option rather than just turning the optional wired car play into wireless (which can be done for a lot less money with a simple dongle)

Now considering you can get your dealer to fit the CarPlay option (all be it wired) for £300 and get a dongle for £50 to make that wireless, spending £250 (cost plus VAT plus shipping plus import duty) and then having to fit this starts to look very unattractive especially as it sits inline with many of your cars existing systems.

Also am I the only one suspicious that somebody has come along to the forum and created an account simply to post this one thing?
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

poleposition wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm
eugen61 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:24 am There’s a cheaper and simpler solution if you’re looking to add only wireless connectivity to the existing factory CarPlay. I recently purchased CarlinKit 5.0 (2Air) and it works surprisingly well with my MY2020 Sensus head unit, takes 20 sec to connect Apple CarPlay, there’s no lag and my iPhone doesn’t overheat. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C1NK3F44 ... YS3KSP8SXQ
Looks interesting, but appears to not be compatable with later Volvo's with Google AAOS?
AAOS has wired Apple CarPlay capability and no wired Android Auto capability. This dongle takes wirelessly CarPlay information from the iPhone and uses wire (USB cable) to project it on the centre display. I can’t see a reason for not being compatible with Apple CarPlay in AAOS, but for sure is not compatible with Android Auto in AAOS.

Wireless Apple CarPlay was expected for AAOS, it will probably be included in some future system update.
chris77

Post by chris77 »

It's for sensus cars with out carplay, some info on sweedspeed. The V2 I've been following does full screen but a couple issues from reading some firing up screen when car looked and full screen res is pretty low atm would wait till they get fixed first.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

m@rk wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:10 pm Also am I the only one suspicious that somebody has come along to the forum and created an account simply to post this one thing?
No your not - My first thought too
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

Troilus1970 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:41 pm Hello I am thinking of buying the Isudar Carply box for my XC40 https://www.isudar.com/en-gb/collection ... 4238376018

The installation looks pretty complicated. Has anyone in the U.K. installed this or can recommend a third party installer to do this? Thanks
Why not get a dealer to retrofit CarPlay (assuming you don’t need Android Auto of course) it’s about £2-300 for wired CarPlay? And if you want the isudar get a professional to do it.
2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

blastpipe wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:38 pm
m@rk wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:10 pm Also am I the only one suspicious that somebody has come along to the forum and created an account simply to post this one thing?
No your not - My first thought too
He even says so, his name is troil us
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Troilus1970

Post by Troilus1970 »

Erm, not trolling, just been away for a week. The Isudar box from what I understand enables you to display Apple CarPlay full screen on Sensus based Volvo cars. To clarify I already have CarPlay in my Volvo but in only displays on the bottom half of the screen. As other posters on this thread have commented on, the Isudar solution has been explored on other forums such as Swedespeed, Reddit etc. The installation requires some serious dismantling of various panels around the infotainment screen to connect various wires etc. Beyond my skills, so hence the original question. Anyway, thanks for the comments. I’ll just have to live with Apple CarPlay on the bottom half of the Infotainment screen. I know, first world problems and all that….