Wheel nut cover remover with tyre inflation kit?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

I’ve recently acquired an XC40 B4 Ultimate. As bought it doesn’t have the space saver - that I ordered separately, along with winter mats (and the dealer, 40 miles away, forgot to put them in, and I forgot to check until I got home :roll: The sales guy is bringing them to me after some training he’s having in the midlands ). I’ve enquired about the appropriate lower boot floor (thanks to this forum I realise the one I have, with a well for the inflation kit, won’t fit over the spare) and will be calling him tomorrow to follow up. But, huddling around looking at jacking points prior to fitting mud flaps it occurred to me I hadn’t seen the nut cover removal tool. Does anyone know if this is supplied with cars that have the inflation kit?
2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Can't help you with the nut cover tool as mine came with spare wheel, but you don't need to remove the wheels to install the mudflaps.
Yes, it is easier with the wheels off, but I've done 3 XC40's - installed on 3 and removed from 2 of them, all without removing wheels.

Fronts are dead easy, just turn the wheel so it's inward where the mudflap goes and simple install - 5 minutes or so.
The rears are a little more fiddly with wheel on, but if you use a torx head and ratchet spanner or very small, compact socket and it's easy - just the lowest fixing, nearest the wheel is the most fiddly
percymon

Post by percymon »

I'm not close to my C40 currently, but pretty certain i have the nut cover tool in the pack (and no spare wheel)
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

Thanks guys.
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Had to take a wheel off the other day looked for the tool to remove the nut covers. But could not find it was not with the spare wheel and jack in the boot. Will have to look on line for one, also noticed one of the nut covers is missing so a set of those will need to be sourced...
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

I just pull the wheel nut covers off with my fingers. I've never had a tool ( to my knowledge ) and i have a spare wheel.
jmw

Post by jmw »

We have a car with the inflation kit and the wheel nut cover removal tool is included.
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate
brigstowe

Post by brigstowe »

The wheel nut covers are available online from

https://www.volvoparts.tmsmotorgroup.co ... 9526-p.asp

They can supply them in chrome, black etc, with the removal tool. Be aware that the locking wheel nut covers are different from standard ones, and those are ordered separately.

I changed my previous V40 covers to ‘chrome’ ones.
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

jmw wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:30 am We have a car with the inflation kit and the wheel nut cover removal tool is included.
And so I found when I finally had a good guddle under the boot floor.