Updating voice assistant

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Grampa

Post by Grampa »

How do I update the Voice Assistant?
My voice assistant has not been working properly since what I believe was a recent update that has clearly failed to register with mine.

percymon

Post by percymon »

normal protocol for anything related to the central control panels/internet type stuff is..

1. Press and hold the home button on the center display for 20 seconds. (the IHU will boot and you will see the map on the instrument panel display.)
2. Press and hold the Defrost button for 20 seconds, or until the tiny 'LTE' symbol changes in the upper-left corner of the infotainment screen. (the modem will restart)

I've also read somewhere that with the newer software that you need to reset the IHU immediately before resetting the LTE, but i think most people would do the IHU reset as first port of call anyway
Grampa

Post by Grampa »

Did all of that percymon - several times. No change.
However, I searched GOOGLE PLAY for "Google Assistant in my car." It showed OPEN and UNINSTALL. Because it offered UNINSTALL I reckoned that It recognised that the car has a version of Google Assistant already installed. When I optimistically clicked on OPEN the voice assistant on the steering wheel suddenly worked perfectly. However, the following day it reverted to type and didn't work properly much to my great frustration. I repeated the previous steps through GOOGLE PLAY and got the same positive result.
Surprisingly, it has worked perfectly every since - 4 days.

DON'T ASK ME HOW!