Gear change to manual

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Ruby12345# wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:33 pm I have to say the pushing it forward to go into reverse.. and back to go forward.. is more confusing..
Misses initially found this confusing... Not intuitive, just historical.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Well I've got a manual car, motorbikes with left and right gearchanges and a scooter with a hand operated gear change so I suppose I've got no excuse not to get used to a side to side change in the Volvo!

It's not the side to side change as such as I said I find it more natural moving my hand forwards and backwards.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Savant

Post by Savant »

Ruby12345# wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:33 pm I have to say the pushing it forward to go into reverse.. and back to go forward.. is more confusing..
This is first thing I noticed when I got my XC40.
Also when in Pilot Assist mode, buttons on the steering wheel, increasing the distance is press down and decreasing the distance press up.

It is unnatural.