Unlock Notification

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

Looks like left unlocked notifications will be coming to AAOS cars soon… yey….

IMG_9299.png

T3 R-Design, Fusion Red, Early 21 (hers). Fully loaded.
B4 Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Late 23 (mine).

riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

Thanks for sharing this notification - interesting to know!

Here's a (slightly out-of-date) list of what's currently enabled and what's (hopefully) still to come:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/to ... b6cb5920ac
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

The fact those with AAOS have had to wait so long to get unlocked warning, is nothing short of abysmal.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

I agree Stovo. Unlocked notification is available on Volvo Cars app for Sensus OS since 2018. I wonder why it took more than 3 years to replicate such a basic feature for AAOS.
percymon

Post by percymon »

I'm not sure why you even need this...

if the car is accidentally unlocked (press of key etc) and the doors are not physically opened then the car relocks itself
when locking the car after a journey, my indicators flash, the locks clunk and the mirrors fold in
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

First time it was of use to me was - got out to find the pay and display machine, which wasn't where it used to be, eventually found car park had been converted to free from P&D and was so amazed that I set off on a walk without remembering that I had left the car unlocked to put the ticket in. 2 minutes later got the notification, and was able to lock it remotely without having to climb back up to the car park. It was actually how I discovered the function existed, and constituted a good day, useful new feature of the car AND free parking.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

percymon wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:54 pm I'm not sure why you even need this...

if the car is accidentally unlocked (press of key etc) and the doors are not physically opened then the car relocks itself
when locking the car after a journey, my indicators flash, the locks clunk and the mirrors fold in
Some people forget to lock their cars. I don't but some do.

As someone who has never lost his keys or lost the remote etc, I see solutions for those situations and wonder how many people do things like that. Clearly there must be a fair few to warrant the plethora of solutions to these problems.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Couple of times I have been Miles away from car at work and had unlocked notification on the app, I ride a motorbike,I just ring the wife,I can see your at your sisters have you left the car unlocked,again😇
riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

The app that allows for this notification has just been made available, at least on the iPhone.

In other news, Software update 2.14.3 has just been announced - nothing exciting this time it seems - although apparently there are some more noticeable changes for the MY24 BEV models.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Indeed, Volvo Cars app for iPhone was updated today to version 5.36.1. Hopefully it fixes the unlock notification issue for AAOS cars.