OE tires

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
clockworks

Post by clockworks »

My T5 came secondhand with Davanti 19" tyres. I bought a secondhand Touareg 3 litre diesel a few years ago, and that also had Davanti tyres.
I guess both cars were ex-lease, and the leasing companies fitted them? Probably one step up from linglong ditchfinders, but they seem OK.
2021 T5 Inscription plug-in hybrid

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Stovo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:46 pm
JFDIT wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:11 pm When selecting the Wheel size on the Configurator check the Tyre Energy Label under Learn More and it tells you the OE tyre fitted. In the UK these are and have been 18" Michelin Primacy, 19" Continental Eco and 20/21" Pirelli PZ4
Thanks. So if you don’t want Continentals, ‘rule of thumb’ avoid 19” , unless different on MY25 models.
It's a strange decision to use those on the 19". I went with the 18" and was pleased to see that they came with the Primacy again which I really liked on my first car.

I've only ever had Contis on my TT and they are great but they are a different kettle of fish to those horrible EcoContacts.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

OK, I stopped watching when he explained he WASN'T comparing like for like, i.e. The same make and tyre with and without the OE designation. So straight away the test is invalid as he's comparing a different brand entirely.

I've got the primacy on my XC from new, and when I went to replace the fronts I went for the VO designated primacy. I'm happy with them, but would have been interested in a comparison with the 'regular' primacy.

You also have to query the reason for the alternate choice, particularly as both the alternatives are the same brand, suggesting maybe sponsorship by that brand?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

Does tyre choice influence CO2 emissions at purchase? Is this how the MY2025 Plus somehow manages to get down to 150g/km CO2 and thus fall into a lower vehicle tax rate, reducing the on-the-road price (£390 cheaper than MY2024!!!), by using 19" Continental Eco tyres rather than the previous 18" Michelins? And then has ongoing benefits e.g. with car parks in certain cities that charge extra based on emissions...
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

The EcoContacts were fitted to 2024 MY as well and VED isn't included in the price.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

riskymoth wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:52 am Does tyre choice influence CO2 emissions at purchase?
Low rolling resistance OE tires will return couple of grams less CO2 that can make a tax bracket difference in some countries. But low rolling resistance will always produce longer braking distance, for me that’s a driving safety trade-off.