XC40 Configuration MY25 Changes?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Noticed when looking at configuration for a new XC 40 there are some changes. Plus model now comes with 19 inch 5 spoke wheels as standard, 360 degree camera is no longer available, but BLIS & CTA has been added, which for me is the better option. Connect suede is also standard ( think extra on previous plus but maybe wrong). The Ultra as now named instead of Ultimate, has 20 inch wheels as standard ( negative for me) , with leather upholstery as standard along with Orrefors gearshift. Also new colour choice - Sand Dune. Not sure what other changes there are, but these were the obvious ones to spot. With current offers, not sure what price increases are.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Glad I got mine when I did then as I wanted the 18" wheels and 360 deg camera. I had the Connect upholstery as an extra. The Plus had BLIS originally and 360 deg camera but BLIS had been dropped by the time I ordered mine.

Can't see the point and logic in having 20" on the Ultra apart from them being bigger than on the Plus. Fine having bigger wheels as an option but not as standard. Didn't go for the Ultimate because of the pano roof and 19" wheels though I could live with them, not 20" wheels though on our roads and more chance of kerbing them so would be a deal breaker for me and I don't think many potential customers would want them.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

I agree Chris, 20” wheels should be an option not standard , has put me off the Ultra which is a shame as like the pano roof ( have one on my current XC40 ) and leather interior, plus better headlights. Maybe if requested might be able to get 19”. Don’t think the Plus ever had both 360 camera and BLIS. Originally it had BLIS, but was dropped because of chip shortage and replaced with 360 camera. I might be wrong and stand corrected if I am.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

You could well be right as regards 360 camera and BLIS, it was a long time ago when I first looked.

As well as our roads, and I know it's personal opinion, but I don't think big wheels look right on a SUV, they need a bit of rubber! 19" still look good but even with 18" one of my wheels on my previous car got mildly kerbed which would have been worse with bigger rims.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

If this is the official price list, then there’s no rise in price!

https://nd-mediagallery2-public-product ... b_2024.pdf
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I had 19" on my Inscription and now 20" on the Ultimate and I can honestly say they give an excellent ride and a bit sharper handling. And I have some awful roads where I live. Mind you, some of the difference will be the Pirelli's being significantly better than the Continental Eco's
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I'd forgotten that yours had 20", were they an option when you ordered as they were 19" as standard on the Ultimate when I ordered my Plus?

Mind you it depends on the car and tyre profile. My Skoda Yeti had 18" wheels and yet the sidewalls were smaller than the 18" of my XC40, so even with your 20" I should imagine the sidewalls aren't that small? Unlike the low profile tyres on 19" rims on my TT.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Gripross - looks like it was good that you got your Ultimate when you did as some of the high gloss black on the exterior has gone - roof rails (now bright aluminium), some of the side window trim (now chrome), radiator surround (now bright aluminium) and door mirrors (now body colour).

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yes, 20" rims were an option I chose. Sidewalls 45 profile, so not that skinny, just right for me.

I think you can choose either Bright or Dark theme on the new Ultra
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Couldn't see the choice on the configurater, though might have missed it. You used to be able to choose Bright or Dark on the Plus and Ultimate but that choice disappeared and they were all Dark which is what I wanted anyway.