Anyone ordered an EX30?

The place to discuss everything else..
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Notwithstanding my dislike of BEVs, I don't believe the story.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

EmJay

Post by EmJay »

ChrisLF wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:10 am And it wasn't the first time he'd had the problem!!! That car is effectively worthless as he can't not tell a potential purchaser.

Similar problem happened to an MG recently, albeit at lower speed, and had to be brought to a standstill by using a police van as a brake. That along with other things has put me off an EV. I'd want a big red emergency pull handle in the middle of the dash to completely isolate the battery!
I believe it was a Jaguar - even worse! [url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... 500233/url]
XC40 Momentum B4P (MY2021) Denim Blue, FWD, Automatic
percymon

Post by percymon »

percymon wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:56 am I'll have to check the manual but i thought the parking brake was designed to be used by the passenger to slow a vehicle in the event the driver had a medical emergency and had no -control at least it was on my previous cars with electronic parking brake.
from the C40 manual..

Emergency brake
In an emergency, the parking brake can be activated when the car is in motion by pressing and holding the button depressed.

The car is then braked heavily with the foot brake. Braking stops when the button is released, or if the accelerator pedal is depressed.