Anyone ordered an EX30?

The place to discuss everything else..
Lodesman

Post by Lodesman »

Just being mischievous, didn't the Mini have a central display decades ago ?

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Just had a very brief look at a showroom model. This had the Indigo interior which i liked. It's not quite up to XC40 standard but it is very, very close. Front seats comfortable and adjust across a wide range. Good space and storage in the front. However the rear very tight. The rear seat base is quite low so no under thigh support. Boot space actually seems pretty reasonable for the size of car and the rear seats fold leaving a flat floor. Decent under floor storage. Not sure if there is a "froot".
The central screen is clear and seems intuitive to use. Could not establish just where driving details such as speed, warning signs etc are displayed.
I think we will probably try a test drive - available from 16/2 allegedly.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
They are all shown in the centre display including speed, there is Carwow video review of the EX30 well worth a watch
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Lodesman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:22 pm Just being mischievous, didn't the Mini have a central display decades ago ?
Very mischievous, and yes it was in the centre dial. But back then you didn't need to keep such a close eye on your speed, what with speed cameras, average speed sections, and now Mark Drakeford's infernal 20 mph.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Lodesman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:22 pm Just being mischievous, didn't the Mini have a central display decades ago ?
Yep, we mentioned it earlier in the thread. :D
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Went to see an xc30 today, okay the car was outside a it was drizzling with rain the immediate impression I got was how small it looked more like a ford puma car . Got inside and seemed to be surrounded by dark very hard plastic , took an immediate dislike to the car the salesman said well it is recycled material as if we are to accept cheap looking hard plastic because it’s recycled.
To be fair I didn’t view the car in ideal conditions but it is not for me, it is competitively priced but they need to spend some money on the interior, others will disagree but that is the conclusion I came too.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Took my car for 4th service today, first I had to pay for having had a 3 year service plan. Fortunately this service was only a minor and cost £374 …ouch, including On Call subscription . Whilst at dealership took the opportunity to look at EX30. Have to say I was in the main impressed, think exterior looks terrific, it was an Ultra, white with black roof and 20” wheels. Surprisingly having read some of the previous comments, I really liked the look and finish of the interior, it was also bigger than I expected and the boot whilst some way short of the XC40 in size, I thought was reasonable, and would cater for my lifestyle. I can see where some cost cutting has been made, but for me, not enough to impact on the overall quality and feel of the vehicle. Would I buy one, if I was confident in the technology and infrastructure, I would certainly consider, but alas I am not confident so no I would not buy one, but really liked it. Shame they don’t do a hybrid edition. as it does make the XC40 look a little dated.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

And it wasn't the first time he'd had the problem!!! That car is effectively worthless as he can't not tell a potential purchaser.

Similar problem happened to an MG recently, albeit at lower speed, and had to be brought to a standstill by using a police van as a brake. That along with other things has put me off an EV. I'd want a big red emergency pull handle in the middle of the dash to completely isolate the battery!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
percymon

Post by percymon »

I'll have to check the manual but i thought the parking brake was designed to be used by the passenger to slow a vehicle in the event the driver had a medical emergency and had no -control at least it was on my previous cars with electronic parking brake.