Anyone ordered an EX30?

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Never understood (apart from the obvious cost I guess) why they kept with old acid tech for the small 12V batteries, you would think they would have used lithium-ion? Much lighter, charge lasts considerably longer, and feel sure the extra cost would be lost in today's higher prices?
Last edited by Deleted User 4737 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Come on folks give Buzzbox a break. To mention Troll is totally inappropriate, everyone has a right to air their opinions on what is an open forum. Yes it is XC 40 specific, but what is the harm in mentioning other manufacturers, after all we are all going to be moving on from Volvo at some point in the future. Enough hassle in the World, let’s not have any on what is basically car forum.
percymon

Post by percymon »

EX30 external dimensions are quite appealing, but the boot capacity isnt great as a family car. I have 3.5 yrs left on the C40 so not of interest to me but i'm interested to see what the interior quality is like - from the photos the plastics appear low rent/hard in nature. Hoping my perception is wrong.

The good news about the ex30 is the pricing, a lot more sensible than the current XC40/C40 EV pricing
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Going to look at the EX30 this afternoon. My better half finds the XC40 too big so we are looking for something smaller to replace her ageing SLK. I have very little vision in my left eye following a nasty retinal detachment so I suspect the lack of a driver display or HUD is going to be a deal breaker
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

percymon wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:24 pm EX30 external dimensions are quite appealing, but the boot capacity isnt great as a family car. I have 3.5 yrs left on the C40 so not of interest to me but i'm interested to see what the interior quality is like - from the photos the plastics appear low rent/hard in nature. Hoping my perception is wrong.

The good news about the ex30 is the pricing, a lot more sensible than the current XC40/C40 EV pricing
As the EX30 seems to be positioned below the XC40 (or C40) then it's not unreasonable to expect some things to be a step down. It's smaller, cheaper and has less toys and of course a smaller boot. For me that would be fine but again, I don't have a family to cram in.

BTW, if you like the overall package and size but want a slightly more "fussy" interior then the Smart #1 is built on the same platform.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

m@rk, that's interesting, thanks. Didn't realise Smart are now jointly owned by Mercedes and Geely.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
percymon

Post by percymon »

m@rk wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:50 pm
percymon wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:24 pm EX30 external dimensions are quite appealing, but the boot capacity isnt great as a family car. I have 3.5 yrs left on the C40 so not of interest to me but i'm interested to see what the interior quality is like - from the photos the plastics appear low rent/hard in nature. Hoping my perception is wrong.

As the EX30 seems to be positioned below the XC40 (or C40) then it's not unreasonable to expect some things to be a step down. It's smaller, cheaper and has less toys and of course a smaller boot. For me that would be fine but again, I don't have a family to cram in.
I wouldnt expect similar quality, but i am intrigued by the coloured speckled plastic trim sections - they look hard/brittle visually in photos to my eyes. The biggest appeal of the EX30 is the price IMO, its a heck of a lot cheaper than the £55k my C40 cost (ludicrous price TBH)
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

The AWD EX30 looks fun for a runaround!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Confirmed that quite a few EX30s now in showrooms with launch events and test drives due in late Feb. Apparently an inbound software update has delayed things a little - no surprises there then!! Will be interesting to see if the hype is warranted and whether first owners are thrilled overall.
XC40 B3 Plus in Silver Dawn. Ordered 30 Nov 23, handover 11 Dec 23.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

percymon wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:24 pm
I wouldnt expect similar quality, but i am intrigued by the coloured speckled plastic trim sections - they look hard/brittle visually in photos to my eyes. The biggest appeal of the EX30 is the price IMO, its a heck of a lot cheaper than the £55k my C40 cost (ludicrous price TBH)
You probably need to walk into a showroom and touch and feel it. Not a lot has been made of the different interiors (and there are several options) and some feel really nice whilst the one made out of recycled dolphins is certainly "different"
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde