Battery drain

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Kerigann

Post by Kerigann »

I just installed a brand new battery and plugged it into my Schumacher battery maintainer at the low current setting (3A) until it reached 100%. That was yesterday. I left the car locked in the garage until today. Today I went to check on the car and discovered the battery voltage was 12.6V and my battery maintainer said it was at 77%. So somehow it had lost 23% of charge overnight while parked and locked (so it would go to deep sleep). So then I took it for a drive and did 3 miles. When I got back, I tested the battery again and now it was at 12.4V and 59% charge. That seems excessive, right?
Can somebody please let me know if any of this is normal? I have take the car to the dealer and they were no help whatsoever and told me the car was working fine.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_4.png

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

What model year and type engine do you have?
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

Is the car working fine? If it is, then I would suggest you try not to worry about it, use the car normally, and check on the battery in a month. Then perhaps check it after another couple of months, if you're still concerned about it. I certainly wouldn't expect a three-mile drive to put any charge back in a battery, quite the opposite in fact.