Auto start/off and pilot assist

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Savant

Post by Savant »

Good morning everyone,

Just received our XC40 B4 last weekend, four months after ordering.

Few questions:

1- Is it possible to disable auto start/off every time the car comes to standstill?
2- Does pilot assist work on low speed ?
3- Cannot find the setting for changing the colour of mood/ambient light inside the car cabin.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

1. No. But a light tap on the accelerator immediately after lifting off does.
2. Not sure, but don't think so.
3. There isn't one. Can't change the colour.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Mood light, with the old sensus system you can change the colour of the little LED in the ceiling. Has this also been dropped with AAOS?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yes. The hardware may still be capable but the software isn't, at the moment....
Lincolnshire England.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

For Sensus OS owner’s manual states: “Pilot Assist can give steering assistance from almost stationary up to 87 mph. Note that the lowest programmable speed is 20 mph – even though it is capable of following another vehicle down to 3 mph, a speed lower than 20 mph cannot be selected/stored.”

For AAOS I couldn’t find mph details: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 517328f0a0
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Mood lighting was pretty much useless in the Sensus cars as you could hardly see it but has been dropped from the new cars like a number of things.

I'm guessing the hardware isn't there as it was separate little LEDs in the roof.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I've still got the LEDs in the front and back but they only glow off-white. You can still change intensity though.
Pretty sure that Sensus ones could simply change colour.
Lincolnshire England.
Savant

Post by Savant »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:57 am 1. No. But a light tap on the accelerator immediately after lifting off does.
as soon you hit the brake pad and few seconds after the car becomes stationary, it will auto-stop again.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:24 pm Pretty sure that Sensus ones could simply change colour.
You’re right.

From Sensus owner’s manual:
“The car is equipped with a number of LEDs that make it possible to change the colour of the light. These lights are switched on when the car is running. Changing the colour of the light:
1. Press Settings in the top view in the centre display.
2. Press My Car Lights and Lighting Interior Lighting Interior Mood Lighting.
3. Choose between By Temperature and By Colour in order to change the colour of the light.
With the By Temperature option, the light changes according to the set passenger compartment temperature.
With the By Colour option, the Theme Colours subcategory can be used to adjust further.”
Savant

Post by Savant »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:21 pm For Sensus OS owner’s manual states: “Pilot Assist can give steering assistance from almost stationary up to 87 mph. Note that the lowest programmable speed is 20 mph – even though it is capable of following another vehicle down to 3 mph, a speed lower than 20 mph cannot be selected/stored.”

For AAOS I couldn’t find mph details: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 517328f0a0
Has anyone used it for inner city driving on low traffic?