SIM card balance

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
feeb

Post by feeb »

Hi,
Is there any way you can get the balance remaining on your SIM card via the settings menu?
2020 model.

Thanks

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

You can only get data useage
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

In cars such as yours equipped with Sensus OS, in the car modem settings you can send a request code to the SIM card network operator. Check for your provider request code for balance (ex. *100# ) and enter it in the modem settings. Then the SIM card will receive an SMS containing the requested information, SMS text can be viewed in the center display.

From the owner’s manual: “ Press Settings in the top view. Press Communication → Car Modem Internet and select Send request code - used e.g. to top up or check the balance on a prepaid card. Functionality depends on the provider.”
Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

Silly question, so will I need a separate mobile data account for my car in the UK?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Drbhob wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:13 pm so will I need a separate mobile data account for my car in the UK?
Your MY24 car has the new Android Automotive OS with mobile data connectivity included. You won’t need to purchase a separate data plan for your car.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

AAOS includes four years of data. After that I think there is an annual subscription. None have been around that long so could be
Interesting to see what happens.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

Awesome, so can you hotspot off the car’s connection?
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

No, not possible on AAOS offering.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

That’s to be expected since hotspoting the car’s free data connection could exceed fair use policy.

From the owner’s manual: “Your access to the Service is part of a shared access. Volvo reserves the right to suspend your access to or use of the Service if your use involves very high volumes of data, disproportionate to other users. Volvo may also suspend your access for technical reasons or to protect other functions of your vehicle. Your access to the connected Service is subject to the third-party terms and conditions of the mobile network provider.”