First Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I like the waste bin and parking ticket windscreen clip! What other manufacturer gives you those?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

I for one love my new B3 XC40, although the occasional software glitch is frustrating, but nothing worse than I used to get on my previous 21 plate Merc. I’m especially pleased by the mpg, now being reported in the latest version of the app… :lol:

IMG_3930.png

AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

Loving your average MPG. The release of average MPG information in the latest app update is optimistic at the moment…

IMG_1658.png

2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

JFDIT wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:15 pm I like the waste bin and parking ticket windscreen clip! What other manufacturer gives you those?
Didn't they drop the ticket clip at one point and then reintroduce it?

I had one in my Skoda Yeti.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Where is the app pulling information from for the average mpg? Mine's showing 85.5 at the moment, so pretty poor compared with others! ;)
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Tried the remote start this morning, well tried to, but it's asking for a password. How do I set one as it's not accepting my Volvo ID one? After further reading seems it's my phone password etc., is that right?

And what else can be set remotely as the manual is very vague? Heated seats and steering wheel (as per the latest update), heated front and rear screens and mirrors? Do these have to be set in the car's Menu?

I see that you can choose to start the engine or not. How can the cabin temperature be raised without the engine running if you don't have climate control which I assume I don't? I assume I do have to start the engine then?

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

riskymoth wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:01 pm I’m especially pleased by the mpg, now being reported in the latest version of the app… :lol:
Feel good feature introduced with version 2.13.3 and left out from the NHTSA release document :lol: :lol:
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

ChrisLF wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:30 am
JFDIT wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:15 pm I like the waste bin and parking ticket windscreen clip! What other manufacturer gives you those?
Didn't they drop the ticket clip at one point and then reintroduce it?

I had one in my Skoda Yeti.
They did drop it. According to my dealer there was such an outcry that it was swiftly reintroduced!
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Chris,
Yes, whatever you use to unlock your phone is required to start the car from the app.
The settings available are in the Climate Control screen in the car. Currently Seats, Steering Wheel (which already worked on mine before the latest OS update) front and rear screens. I believe some countries have a separate heater fitted or is it for EVs? Don't know. But that app option not available not ours.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:35 pm I agree. Couldn't care less about the mpg, got to like the car and driving it. When you consider the cost of the vehicle, depreciation, tax, insurance, maintenance then mpg is at the low end of the financial equation anyway.
Yes. Pennies!!!

IMG_5157.jpeg

XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde