First Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
rowen180@sky.com

Post by rowen180@sky.com »

Hi all. 1 week into ownership of my Thunder Gray MY2024 XC40 B4 plus dark edition.
Replaces my 2017 Audi Q3 and is a massive step up in comfort, technology and overall driving experience.
Had a brilliant experience with Volvo Cardiff and feel my custom was valued. Best part of the deal was their offer to have an extended test drive allowing me to take a 50 mile round trip home to let my wife have a spin and in their words “try it on roads you know well”. By the time my 2.5 hours was up I was hooked.
Over the week I noticed something that I’d missed until now which is a feint line of what looks like missing pixels on the main info screen. Only really visible on bright screens especially maps. Going in for them to take a look and I’m assuming (not naively I hope) that it will be covered under the warranty.
Will post an update.
Cheers
Rob

Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Had mine 3 weeks Momentum Pro D3 AWD auto... also thunder grey love the drive not the mpg its a bit thirsty . looking forward to towing and going on some road trips over to France..

Still working my was through all the tec ,
enjoy ..
rowen180@sky.com

Post by rowen180@sky.com »

Hi Ruby. Now you mention it the mpg has required a little adjusting to after a diesel!!
Agree with you on the tech - think my wife is getting a little fed up of me watching YouTube videos and then running out to the car at all hours to try something new I’ve found😂
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Ruby's is a diesel. Volvos diesels aren't the most economical. I think the petrols are good though considering the type of car.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

B4 Petrol's may be OK on a run - typically mid 40's. In town can be very poor, low 20's. That's 3L+ territory!!
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I guess it's down to your driving style, My B4 I get touching 30 in town driving, but I have a mixed custom profile so the engines always in Eco with a muted pedal response and I coast a lot. I only get low 20s when towing the caravan.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

No not driving style just the wrong phrase using the word town; should have described as when in traffic. In town you can often be moving just as well as carriageways!!
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

Not sure I agree with the comments about Volvo diesel’s being uneconomical.
I’ve had the car from new and this is the overall average.
To be fair this is a lot of long motorway journeys at a steady 70mph and the consumption drops dramatically if I go quicker or do any driving in town.
My experience is that your driving style will have the biggest impact. When I first had the car I really struggled with the auto box. I would want it to accelerate quicker and press down on the throttle. It then caught up and I had to ease off. I found that waiting on the gearbox to do its thing saved fuel and really didn’t make any difference overall in getting up to speed. It’s a heavy old box as it is.

I do get some people getting right up your ar*e moving away from the lights ( guess they do anyway) , but the speed increases and they drop back. And no I’m not an old fart. I’m waiting on a speeding fine as I write this 😂😂😂

IMG_5418.jpeg

Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:18 am
Ruby's is a diesel. Volvos diesels aren't the most economical. I think the petrols are good though considering the type of car.
The previous car was a Kadjar 1.6dci awd and was getting 43 mpg local and 58 mpg on a run.. It would return 720 on a tank full not sure I will get that from the Volvo .
But the smiles per gallon with the Volvo more than make up for it.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I agree. Couldn't care less about the mpg, got to like the car and driving it. When you consider the cost of the vehicle, depreciation, tax, insurance, maintenance then mpg is at the low end of the financial equation anyway.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.