First Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:35 pm Couldn't care less about the mpg
Then again, with climate change perhaps we should care a little more about the MPG and associated emissions?
Last edited by Deleted User 4737 on Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

NitramA - a steady 70 on the motorway and the high gearing cars have now you are going to get really good mpg. I've had a number of diesels in the past and have achieved amazing mpg figures in similar situations. Plenty of posts on here though of folks who are disappointed with their mpg though, obviously in more mixed driving.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Buzbox,
With the UK responsible for less than 1.1% of global carbon emissions I won't be worrying about my MPG thanks. When I can no longer buy a new ICE vehicle I'll be seeking out something with a V8 and a 4 Choke Holley 😁
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Moss

Post by Moss »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:58 pm Buzbox,
With the UK responsible for less than 1.1% of global carbon emissions I won't be worrying about my MPG thanks. When I can no longer buy a new ICE vehicle I'll be seeking out something with a V8 and a 4 Choke Holley 😁
Other than being taxed into oblivion, what’s wrong with a V12 ?
More seriously, I just hope we’re not all soon stuck with a choice of just very ugly electric vehicles, but if and when we are, I’ll go – be it under severe torture – for the ZEEKR 001, I think.
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:03 pm NitramA - a steady 70 on the motorway and the high gearing cars have now you are going to get really good mpg. I've had a number of diesels in the past and have achieved amazing mpg figures in similar situations. Plenty of posts on here though of folks who are disappointed with their mpg though, obviously in more mixed driving.
Agreed. Drive it in town and it does drop a lot. but then it does weigh a lot and has the aerodynamics of a shed!
My BMW 3 series diesel used to do an easy 60mpg on a run even when driven by a complete wassock :-)

I agree with other folks comments as well. If you enjoy the drive who cares (too much) about consumption.
Deleted User 4737

Doubt the many thousands of poor families around the country suffering floods would agree?? And even if comments are written in jest, its clear too many do actually believe its effects, or the slowing/ reversing of climate change, is nothing to do with them!! We of course won't ruin the planet with our actions, but we may just ruin our ability to live here??
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

BuzBox wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:19 am
Doubt the many thousands of poor families around the country suffering floods would agree?? And even if comments are written in jest, its clear too many do actually believe its effects, or the slowing/ reversing of climate change, is nothing to do with them!!
Going way off subject here folks. This forum is about a car and this particular thread about someone’s first experience with said car, and seeking help/advice. Climate change is a much bigger subject area, and as such, should be discussed on a totally different platform. Let’s keep to the subject matter in question eh?
Deleted User 4737

Agreed, and apologies to rowen180@sky.com.
rowen180@sky.com

Post by rowen180@sky.com »

BuzBox wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:48 am Agreed, and apologies to rowen180@sky.com.
Absolutely no need to apologise. I’ve enjoyed the exchange of views and been interesting to compare my limited mpg info to date with others.
As my ownership progresses I find that it’s the little things that make owning my first Volvo such a delight
Such as,
remote start on cold mornings
Heated steering wheel and seats
Windscreen washers that don’t freeze
Opening the tailgate with my foot
Carrier bag hooks in the boot
The curry hook
But most of all it’s just a sheer pleasure to drive, smooth, quiet and unbelievably comfortable compared to my Q3.
All that remains to make it completely perfect will be a positive outcome to the main display screen issue. Goes into the dealer on Monday, they squeezed me in at short notice and even getting a loan of the finance managers car for the day!!!!
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

rowen180@sky.com wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:57 pm
BuzBox wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:48 am Agreed, and apologies to rowen180@sky.com.
Absolutely no need to apologise. I’ve enjoyed the exchange of views and been interesting to compare my limited mpg info to date with others.
As my ownership progresses I find that it’s the little things that make owning my first Volvo such a delight
Such as,
remote start on cold mornings
Heated steering wheel and seats
Windscreen washers that don’t freeze
Opening the tailgate with my foot
Carrier bag hooks in the boot
The curry hook
But most of all it’s just a sheer pleasure to drive, smooth, quiet and unbelievably comfortable compared to my Q3.
All that remains to make it completely perfect will be a positive outcome to the main display screen issue. Goes into the dealer on Monday, they squeezed me in at short notice and even getting a loan of the finance managers car for the day!!!!
Welcome to the forum! The XC40 is a cracking vehicle as you are already finding out. Am sure you will continue to enjoy for as long as you have it! I’ve had mine for 3.5 years and has been terrific.