New owner - Still learning how stuff works

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
adrian_xc40

Post by adrian_xc40 »

More interesting, seems that from MY21 upwards, the hood insulation pad code 32347589 is missing from all the trims/engines, at least in the EU/US markets, due to Volvo restrain politics.
China is more lucky, though (see 0:35 on this video)
MY24 23w51 XC40 B3P Plus, minus Blis, in Vapour Grey metallic, Blond Leather interior and Panoramic sunroof, H/K sound system, 19” Rims.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, been a few mentions on here about that. The new cars are very quiet though without it.

According to the specification the side windows are tempered, no mention of double skinned/laminated.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
rich999X

Post by rich999X »

adrian_xc40 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:42 pm Hello,
Volvo newbie here as well, congratulations on your new car, can’t wait to pick up my B3 plus dark in the first decade of february. I placed the order back in the july 23, manufacturing late january 24, but i deliberately delayed the delivery for this year.
How is your first impression with the B3? Is strong enough? Unfortunatelly i don’t even made a drive test because my dealer has only Ultimate B4 for that.
Which colour did you choose? Mine is Vapour grey with panoramic sun roof, tinted glass, blonde leather but no BLIS (unavailable in all trims at the time of order due to “chip shotcomings”).
Thank you!
I have to be honest, i was buying a Tiguan (yh i know), and the dealer was messing me about so i went back to Volvo as i had test driven the XC40 previously at the same time. It was the most comfortable car to drive for sure.
I was lucky to pick up a pre-reg car with 13 miles on the clock and got it within a couple of weeks. The car is silver dawn which looks great with the black surround, plus it has the charcoal interior. I like the vapour grey , they just didnt have a car with it available.
I got them to throw in window tints and 2 free services as well. I would have loved the panoramic roof but it's only available on the Ultimate. The B3 being a 2ltre 160hp is plenty quick enough for me (& that's coming from a Mustang GT).
I can confidently say that you will love it :D
adrian_xc40

Post by adrian_xc40 »

Thanks for your reply, i’m glad you love your new car and indeed… IH VW Tiguan :)
So, how do you appreciate the safety features of the XC40?
MY24 23w51 XC40 B3P Plus, minus Blis, in Vapour Grey metallic, Blond Leather interior and Panoramic sunroof, H/K sound system, 19” Rims.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Laminated side windows were an option on the SPA cars, but have never been on the XC40.

I think the windscreen is just a regular one, I don't think it's even acoustic glass (which is quite common nowadays on e.g. Fords, Nissans etc). However you can check this by looking at the markings in the corner next to the glass manufacturer name and country of manufacture - it should specify whether it's acoustic, heated, HUD-compatible etc)
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
rich999X

Post by rich999X »

adrian_xc40 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:08 pm Thanks for your reply, i’m glad you love your new car and indeed… IH VW Tiguan :)
So, how do you appreciate the safety features of the XC40?
I was a bit alarmed when I reversed and car suddenly stopped and quite a noise. My first thoughts were no, no, no but i jumped out to inspect and all fine. The 360 camera is something else as well. I definitely made the right choice.