New owner - Still learning how stuff works

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
rich999X

Post by rich999X »

Hi All

Picked up my XC40 plus dark B3 yesterday. Extremely happy and first time i have owned a Volvo. Will add some photos soon.

I remote started & heated the car this morning which was fantastic & no longer need to scrape windows with a credit card anymore. One thing i noticed on my journey to work is no sound from GA or radio.
I turned car off & on again when i arrived and sound came on. Is there something that i am doing wrong?

Rich

adrian_xc40

Post by adrian_xc40 »

Hello,
Volvo newbie here as well, congratulations on your new car, can’t wait to pick up my B3 plus dark in the first decade of february. I placed the order back in the july 23, manufacturing late january 24, but i deliberately delayed the delivery for this year.
How is your first impression with the B3? Is strong enough? Unfortunatelly i don’t even made a drive test because my dealer has only Ultimate B4 for that.
Which colour did you choose? Mine is Vapour grey with panoramic sun roof, tinted glass, blonde leather but no BLIS (unavailable in all trims at the time of order due to “chip shotcomings”).
Thank you!
MY24 23w51 XC40 B3P Plus, minus Blis, in Vapour Grey metallic, Blond Leather interior and Panoramic sunroof, H/K sound system, 19” Rims.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Our daughter has a B3 having previously had a B4. The power is more than adequate. In fact it seems smoother and gear changes are pretty much imperceptible. I think the mild hybrid fills in the gaps
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
gedger

Post by gedger »

Unfortunately the achilles heal of the Volvo is the AAOS software system it runs. There are several minor but annoying bugs / features that Volvo/Google seem unable or unwilling to fix. My radio has a mind of its own, it mostly remembers the last radio station but not whether it was on/off when you exited the car so you will have to most likely turn the radio on every time you drive (but not always!!). There's also an issue that some have with a left hand indicator malfunction warning message. I've also had the inbuilt navigation fail to get GPS signal so the map doesn't update and also the map freezing in the drivers display.

As a new owner you will need to remember that holding the console button down for 20 seconds+ will cause a system reset which clears most issues, you can do this whilst driving without issue.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
adrian_xc40

Post by adrian_xc40 »

I see, apart of the software bugs/malfunctions, how’s the sound insulation? Does Harman/Kardon system has noise cancelation?
As i understood from an american XC40 youtube review, Ultimate trim level has a better insulation than Plus, might be true?
MY24 23w51 XC40 B3P Plus, minus Blis, in Vapour Grey metallic, Blond Leather interior and Panoramic sunroof, H/K sound system, 19” Rims.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Not sure on the insulation. The HK system is excellent. Much better than the top level system in our sons Ioniq 5. Ours and our daughter’s with the AAOS have been very reliable. I have needed to reboot our once in 2 years to remedy a charging issue.
There are some things the older system does better such as swapping between cruise and speed limiter but overall AAOS works well
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Going back to the second post, I had a B3 plus as a courtesy car in December. It did have BLIS so you might get lucky. According to the price list it now doesn’t but it changes so often.
adrian_xc40

Post by adrian_xc40 »

More on sound isolation, the Plus trim has double layer glass? (as the Tesla Model 3 Highland has, which costs the same btw).
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Are you sure as that's news to me. Unlikely I think.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
adrian_xc40

Post by adrian_xc40 »

For sure, at least for the front windows, check this video