Trio Los Volvos

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
uncle_sam

Post by uncle_sam »

Just joined in this forum recently although I’ve been an XC40 owner for 5yrs now. Actually it’s the wifey’s daily drive mainly used for office and grocery runs. She’s been enamored with Volvo ever since our first one 20yrs ago – ‘twas my assigned company car as Sr Exec, a 2004 S80 2.0T. She loved the gorgeous interior, comfort and compliance so much that come time for a change, I got her the sexy sporty hatch, the C30 T5. It was a fun and reliable drive for her daily duties around the city. Pity we had to let it go when I got posted abroad as expat for less than a decade.

After we returned home, she longed for the Volvo so we purchased the XC40 D3 (FWD) in 2019. It was arguably the best-looking compact SUV in the market. Five years hence, its design remains stunning and different among its European, Japanese and Chinese peers. And yes, the interior space and comfort (spacious in leather) plus the compliant ride did not disappoint. Quite a notch ahead of the Germans based on overall value and price point.

I am excited to be part of this community to learn and share about beloved ride. Will be happy to share my thoughts on the ownership experience so far through the past 5 years. Look forward to posting this in one of the sub-forums shortly. Cheers,

IMG_6721.jpeg

DSC_0863.jpeg

DSCN2068.jpeg

2019 XC40 D3 Ice White
Manila, Philippines