Faulty Fuel Injector - B3 2023

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

ChrisLF & JFDIT, your feedback is very helpful for setting the right expectations when switching to mild-hybrid on my next XC40. Much appreciated.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

eugen61, my experience has been quite reasonable, given I'd much rather have a big engine with none of this hybrid and electronic driver aids nonsense. But choice is limited by our friends in Westminster and for me it's a decent enough car. All cars have faults, Toyota excepted, so I'm happy for now.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
gedger

Post by gedger »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:05 pm Nope, whisper quiet. I've always been impressed with how quiet it is.
Mine too, I too have always been extremely impressed with how seamless the coasting, stopping, starting is. If I shut my eyes I couldn't tell you what's happening by the sound alone. Even on a hill towing a caravan the experience of the engine starting and pulling off is completely smooth and seamless.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
Deleted User 4868

Post by Deleted User 4868 »

I'm going to agree that the DCT / 2 litre hybrid is an agreeable combination for smooth driving. Everyone that has been in it likes the drive / ride quality. Those batteries need to be kept charged in winter, so it isn't really suited to a lot of short trips. Apparently it doesn't have an alternator either. Also, I would agree about the regular software changes - it is a very software dependent car - not great but necessary.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

BuzBox wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:42 am eugen61 - And what about when the warranty ends, 36-months is not long?? So glad next one is not Volvo and comes with over 25-years of tried and tested Hybrid Technology - by the sound of things it can't come too soon!!
Oh are you getting a new non Volvo car?
Funny because you’ve never mentioned it 😐
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Agree, having driven two XC40's since 2018, the experience has been reasonable. And as said, all cars can experience faults, and Toyota/ Lexus would not be an exception, but have come to realise two things, all cars are not built equal and some are better built than others, and with so much complication built into them, and the eye watering cost to fix, a 36-month warranty is just not good enough - it's OK for those who "rent" a car but not fit for long term ownership - so if you don't mind, and if its OK with anyone who may have an issue with this, its just a personal choice not to stay with Volvo and embrace full Hybrid.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

eugen61 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:12 pm ChrisLF & JFDIT, your feedback is very helpful for setting the right expectations when switching to mild-hybrid on my next XC40. Much appreciated.
Agree, for those like myself who are looking to change this year , feedback helps greatly. That said, very varied reactions to hybrid engine, which leads me to believe all is not as it should be, or expected to be for a premium brand. I love my T4 but not sure I will love the B4. ChrisLF you appear to be struggling with issues, and I would be taking the car back to dealer to look at. Nothing worse than getting new car and having issues.
Buzzbox, you need to spend more time behind your sales desk in the Toyota showroom than on this forum 😂. Joking apart you are bang on regards warranties and reliability. I intend to keep my next vehicle for 5 years or more, so as much as I love my current XC40, don’t think another will be suitable for me, with issues being experienced by some.
Mervin

Post by Mervin »

I've driven a B4P for nearly 3 years 16k miles without any issues. Best car I've ever had in every way possible.
2023 B4 Plus Dark AWD.Driver Assist and BLIS Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel. Black
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Stovo; Visit one, you will be impressed with the service. Try a Lexus NX, you will be impressed with the car, and you will defiantly be impressed with a 10-yr warranty.

Also driven a B4 since 2020 with no issues. Always thought its a bit of a stretch adding the word Hybrid to these sorts of cars!!
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

If I were changing now I'd buy BMW X1 23i. Nice build quality, good turn of speed and definitely more of a drivers car. Who knows what I will be allowed to buy when the time comes for me change.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.