Help! Struggling with Volvo app connection

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

The dealer connected my phone to my new XC40 mild hybrid B3 at the dealership, and I think, one key. I have failed miserably to connect the Volvo app (on my iphone 11). I followed instructions on opening the app, thought it had connected, so tried to control the climate/condition the car. It seems there is no connection. I get "privacy settings not synced - if the problem persists, try to change the privacy settings in the car" . The only privacy settings I can see have on/off sliders. These or set to "Off" and cannot be moved in any state of ignition. I get "Something went wrong - please try again". Any suggestions welcome. I'll go back to the dealer eventually and ask them to set it up, but it is some distance away, so I guess I can live without the app.
XC40 B3 MY24 Mild Hybrid Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Google system, leather upholstery

percymon

Post by percymon »

Somewhere in the central display options is a privacy agreement that you must accept - sorry i cant remember exactly which menu its in, possibly the connectivity/wifi one ?
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

Thanks - I’ll take a look tomorrow
XC40 B3 MY24 Mild Hybrid Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Google system, leather upholstery
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

Sorted now. Seems to have been no internet connection from car