First Volvo but …

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

At least Volvo are not being investigated for Rigging Safety Tests for decades...
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Don't worry yourself JFDIT, don't believe it applies to main brand products!!
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

You clearly didn't read the Reuters article then. Here's another report from earlier in the year. Mostly Toyota Branded vehicles. https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 023-04-28/

Personally I accept ALL manufacturers have their issues, but this really isn't impressive.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 4737

Nearly as impressive as the cheat devices. Think it will be OK in the UK, but thanks for your concern.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

BuzBox wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:48 am JFDIT. Its been a diminishing journey. First Edition 2018-2020 - Great. B4 2020-2023 - not so great. Now no AWD and many other things including the ordering process - time to choose another brand - arriving soon. Hope that answers your question? Chris John. I guess if you have a new one today there seems to be a lot to moan about. I will miss this forum though as there's been lots of interaction on what now seems continuous issues, in contrast, the forum on the next one hardly has any posted issues at all, and maybe why they always finish top on surveys!!
At least you won't have to think of yet another username! ;)
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 4737

You could be right? Not joined the other forum yet and unsure of the need - hardly any posts. Maybe they have too few issues and (sadly!!) little to "moan" about, who knows??
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

BuzBox wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:48 am I guess if you have a new one today there seems to be a lot to moan about.
No, there really isn't :lol: But each to their own - I can see how plenty of people would be a lot happier with a much more affordable car.
Deleted User 4737

Totally agree, and didn't find a lot to moan about a 2020 B4 R Design AWD, maybe not as good as the First Edition!! Agree with affordability too, though have found a high spec priced XC40 has far too much competition these days.
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

Surprised to see how much Volvo have stripped out of the Google system compared to the Sensus system. No Eco option any more. Hardly any Drive options except “Off Road”, which is odd in a 2 wheel drive car. I assume some of these are software options which could be added without rebuilding the car? Some of the lost functions were listed by a post on a North American forum
XC40 B3 MY24 Mild Hybrid Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Google system, leather upholstery
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

This is my 1st Volvo love the car XC 40 Momentum Pro D3 awd, previous owner added lots of options, so it can be difficult to know what is the options and what is standard been on line found literature for the year so slowly working through it .. :D
Cruse control / speed limiter more of a pain on the Volvo having owned Renault Kadjar AWD for 6 years the steering controls were much clear to use and scroll through. As was the phone being able to have messages read to you on the move,, Tyre sensors showing pressures not just green or red. Reduced alarm setting is a pain having to request it every time the dog is in the car, with the Kadjar it was a case of holding the locking button for 3 seconds and a bleep would sound.
I know its a case of time will tell and finding out what is what as for the driving experience very impressed......