Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

It's included for 4 years. After that it's an annual subscription. Dont think any of the AAOS vehicles have got that far yet so we dont really know what it may cost. On the old sensus equipped cars it was often thrown in with the annual service if you asked. Ours also went off line a few weeks ago but came back of its own accord after a few hours. No idea why. Its just had its first service at 2 years old and nil untoward was found.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps

dapaca

Post by dapaca »

My B4 is doing the same. I had it serviced for the first time last week, and the update was done there. The offline in app and lack of internet in the car only started yesterday AFAIK.
MY23 B4 Ultimate Dark in Thunder Grey.
dapaca

Post by dapaca »

Transcript of conversation with Volvo, in app follows.
No real help.

- You can start typing your message at any time.
An agent will be with you shortly.
- You can find our General Privacy Notice here: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/legal/priv ... acy-policy

Thank you for contacting Volvo Cars. We are now connecting to you an agent.
- Transferring now, please wait.
- Good afternoon, you're through to Sophie. How can I help you today?
- Hi, my XC40 B4 is showing offline in the app and I have no internet in the car. I was first aware of this yesterday though I had my car serviced for the first time last week and the latest software was installed then. I’m seeing on forums that other people are experiencing this issue. Is it a known problem?
- I’ve been through all of the usual resets.
- Sorry to hear this, this has happened since the latest software update.
- Yes
- Sorry that you have experienced this issue. If you have tried the resets and they have not worked, you would need to contact your local Volvo retailer and they can advise. Would you like me to check who your closest retailer is?
- No, it’s okay. I’ll give them a call.
- No worries. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any other questions. Have a great day!
- Agent from the Customer Care closed the chat.
MY23 B4 Ultimate Dark in Thunder Grey.
Fr1thy01

Post by Fr1thy01 »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:19 am Suggest you do a chat with Volvo customer services via the app. Their second line support can reset a lot of stuff remotely
Used the text service this morning, they suggested switching the data, BT and WI-FI, did that, nothing. They then suggested contacting the dealer.
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

dapaca. That sounds like the sort of on-line chat for anything these days, annoying and you wonder why bother.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I had an issue with the app not showing the correct car on the home page, got through to second line support and they reset connection their end and solved the problem. Guess it depends who you get through to.

Mine had a connection issue a few weeks back on a long trip. After several hours it reconnected. Quite possibly an EE network issue or Volvo Servers down.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:44 pm It's included for 4 years. After that it's an annual subscription. Dont think any of the AAOS vehicles have got that far yet so we dont really know what it may cost. On the old sensus equipped cars it was often thrown in with the annual service if you asked. Ours also went off line a few weeks ago but came back of its own accord after a few hours. No idea why. Its just had its first service at 2 years old and nil untoward was found.
Cheers for that - do we know for sure what network it uses, I've seen EE and Vodafone mentioned, assuming all the Google cars will be on the one rather than spread across networks?
MY24 XC40 Twin Ultimate in Vapour Grey
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

The contract is with T-Mobile in Europe who are EE
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

It uses EE which is rubbish where we live. Hence I wasn't too surprised when it went off for a time. Sensus based cars use vodafone by default but they have the advantage that you can insert a data sim from whoever you fancy
Last edited by Cevoli21 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:22 pm It uses EE which is rubbish where we live. Hence I want too surprised when it went off for a time. Sensus based cars use vodafone by default but they have the advantage that you can insert a data sim from whoever you fancy
Ah right - well EE was fine as that's what I have for the phone so it looks like if anything was up then it was Volvo side of the fence!
So I take it we're locked to EE? I did see where the SIM is located but if it's all working now I'll leave it alone ;)
MY24 XC40 Twin Ultimate in Vapour Grey