Bristol port delay

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

JOhn ,by all means feel free to explain your experience with Volvo,I just didn't personally understand what you wanted to say,maybe just me.

Sweetpea664

Post by Sweetpea664 »

Gaiustenedos wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 am Good news everyone my car is at my local dealer, just need to pay the deposit now and should be collecting this week! Ordered September 9th with initial delivery date of 14th Dec ...over 3 months late but still glad it's finally coming
That’s brilliant news! Congratulations 🥳
Sweetpea664

Post by Sweetpea664 »

britishblue65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:20 am Hope you have better luck than me.

My car arrived at Bristol on the 22 Feb and still hasn’t arrived with dealer yet. Volvo advised me that it left the port on a transporter on Monday my dealer has received delivery of 4 transporters this week but none of them had my car on them.

Maybe Volvo are using pony cart to transport my car
Oh gosh. I honestly feel like no one is talking to each other at Volvo. Since they took away the dealership rights to conduct direct sales, it’s all a mess! My first order was delayed but this was due to coming off the back of the pandemic. Nonetheless, I was still provided with clear delivery timelines and updated months in advanced of any changes. Now, Volvo Uk doesn’t know much, nor does the dealership. An absolute mess! Have you at least been provided with your reg no?
jOhnWall

Post by jOhnWall »

Snow man wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:26 pm JOhn ,by all means feel free to explain your experience with Volvo,I just didn't personally understand what you wanted to say,maybe just me.
I played around with an AI site and should have left it at the playing rather than posting.
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Oh I don't know,you could have a go at writing a sc fi dark noir story,it had that sort of ring to it,🤗
britishblue65

Post by britishblue65 »

Car left the port in Bristol on the 11th March and now Volvo are advising me that it maybe delivered w/c 25th March and that I just need to be more patient, their words not mine, as things are progressing as they would expect.

I ordered the car nearly 7 months ago
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I believe similar waiting time for many other makes.
Regrettably there are a lot of difficulties in the world today and our governments are enforcing more and more demands on the Manufacturers.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

I feel very lucky that mine came through so quickly - ordered on 17th Nov 23, delivered on the 30th Nov - was listed as "4 weeks" delivery so from stock. But communication was, and remains, terrible with both Volvo themselves and the disinterested dealer.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

With the latest Agency Model sales trend the Dealership is really nothing more than a delivery hub. You didn't order through them so I suspect Volvo are not communicating much to them either. And clearly Volvo doesn't have the necessary Customer Support layer in place for direct customer communication, nor the experience. I suspect each market also has different expectations from how it used to work.
Personally I hope this awful Sales Model is a complete failure for all manufacturers.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
gripross

Post by gripross »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 pm With the latest Agency Model sales trend the Dealership is really nothing more than a delivery hub. You didn't order through them so I suspect Volvo are not communicating much to them either. And clearly Volvo doesn't have the necessary Customer Support layer in place for direct customer communication, nor the experience. I suspect each market also has different expectations from how it used to work.
Personally I hope this awful Sales Model is a complete failure for all manufacturers.
Can't beat the good old fashioned negotiate a price for the car.. a price for the part ex and then a handshake to seal the deal. All done in one go and the dealer usually gave you a pretty good idea of delivery...and if it was late they didn't want to re negotiate your part ex price.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21