Bristol port delay

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 4812

Post by Deleted User 4812 »

Hi, I purchased a new XC 40 ultimate in September, I’ve been told that the car was due into the UK last week, I’ve just been told that the car is stuck at Bristol Port and they have no idea when it’s going to be delivered to the dealership because there is a huge backlog of cars stuck in the Port unable to be transported to the dealer due to transporter delays, I Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or heard of this lately?

Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Maybe for this time of year, but not unusual, as I believe only one organisation has the monopoly of transporting cars all over the country?
Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

Yes, I was told the same on Friday. Ordered MY24 Recharge Twin Ultimate in Vapour Grey, was due to be delivered 15 December but was told this is now highly unlikely, sometime in the new year perhaps due to delivery delays in Bristol, and car had not even reached the PDI centre. Gutted. Please post here if you hear different.
Buzz1215

Post by Buzz1215 »

We’ve got the same issue. Our car was meant to be delivered on the 12th December and now they’re saying January!
Stretch1955

Post by Stretch1955 »

We have had the same. Due for delivery Mid-December now mid-January 2024. Our car is still in Belgium as Bristol are now not taking any deliveries.
Deleted User 4652

Post by Deleted User 4652 »

Hi purchased ours in September too. Was told at the beginning of the month it would be at the dealers on the 9th but it didn’t arrive so would be early this week. Was then updated on Friday to say it was stuck at the port and won’t be available until January (no certain date). I’m awaiting an update on how this will affect our part-exchange - hoping they will honour the price given last week…
Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

Feel like cancelling the order and waiting for a 24 reg, especially considering we may not get these cars until end of Jan.
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Or, before cancelling, you could ask for the car to now be kept back until March 1st?
Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

I have a feeling they have already been registered.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I definitely wouldn't be taking it in that case
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.