Alarming Incident

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

If it happens again then it may indicate an issue, until then, there is not a lot you can do so I would forget about it.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

The dealer replicated the event. It's what they currently do apparently.
Certainly best not to forget about it, rather remember it!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 4737

Ok remember it!!
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Are there no warnings telling you key fob battery is low? I remember my wife’s Audi flagged it on MMI screen:
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

There was no problem with the battery or key fob.
It's apparently what happens if the passenger locks the car, accidently or otherwise, with Thier own key and the driver and their key doesn't exit. Can only be unlocked/alarm off using the key that locked it. eg the Passengers Key
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 4737

??? so are you saying, the car can only be locked and unlocked by the same fob, you can't say, lock it with the one fob and then open it with the other?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

JFDIT wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:52 pm It's apparently what happens if the passenger locks the car, accidently or otherwise, with Thier own key and the driver and their key doesn't exit. Can only be unlocked/alarm off using the key that locked it. eg the Passengers Key
Sensus OS cars behave the same way. From the owner’s manual: “ A remote control key or key tag left in the car will be deactivated when the car is locked and the alarm is armed using another valid key. The "Double lock" function is also deactivated. The key left behind is reactivated when the car is unlocked.”
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

BuzBox wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:58 pm ??? so are you saying, the car can only be locked and unlocked by the same fob, you can't say, lock it with the one fob and then open it with the other?

Only when one key is left inside the car. Otherwise you can lock with one key and open with another key.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

No. Appears if both keys are in the car, one with the passenger and one with the driver, the passenger exists and accidentally locks the car (touches the handle lock when existing) then it sets the alarm. Shortly after when the driver moves it sets off the alarm. Once triggered ONLY the passengers key can turn off the alarm and reset everything. The drivers key becomes useless. The doors open but that's it.
Lincolnshire England.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Exactly as described in the Sensus cars manual.