New Software Features

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Well no rhyme or reason to it!

Been out again, came back and as approaching home turned off Autohold and parked on the road, which is flat, PB didn't apply automatically. Went into the house then went up the road to turn around and parked in the drive, PB didn't apply automatically!

As we were I think!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Another thing I've noticed since the update.

My wife and I only use one key and I haven't applied a profile to it. But when I unlock the car now the seat automatically moves to my position.

So if my wife uses the car more than once in succession then she will have to move the seat each time using the memory switch! Come on Volvo what are you playing at?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

My wife went shopping this morning and I told her she'd have to use the memory button and move the seat back to her position when she got back to the car. No, she didn't have to!!

I then went out to drop her off and the seat again didn't move when I unlocked the car, so I used the memory button. Back home I moved the seat to her position and locked the car. On unlocking the seat moved to my position!!!

By the way, as mentioned on another thread, I have to lock and then unlock the car every time I want to open the fuel flap. It wasn't a one off from my first fill up.

I haven't tried navigating with the 3D maps yet but there doesn't appear to be an option to change to 2D? Which I've had on previous cars. I thought the car map was supposed to mirror what is available on other devices like a PC but that is only 2D?

And finally I thought goody, Voice control for playing BBC Radio 2 DAB should work now! No such luck!

John, is your Parking Brake still applying automatically? Mine's not doing it at all now, unless I'm using Autohold, and if it wasn't for you having the same experience I would have put it down to me doing something different that I hadn't realised I'd done.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Only had issue once with Fuel Flap. Still opens OK.
Maps; settings has choice for 3D building under Satellite.
OK Google play BBC Radio 2 still works fine for me
Parking Brake still seems to apply automatically when on a slope and Auto Hold deselected.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

At least it opens every time now after the bit of a panic when it wouldn't open. Perhaps on more recent builds they have changed it?

Saw the setting for 3D buildings but wasn't the map 2D before?

Perhaps my drive is borderline as regards the slope required for activating the PB even though I'm parking in the same place? I even tried taking my foot off the brake after stopping the engine and it started to roll. If it does depend on whether you stop on the level or a slope what's the logic in that? Mad.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I'm in North Yorkshire at the moment, parked on a hill and the Parking Brake applied automatically with auto hold off.
Which is what the manual (sorta) says it does.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yeah, just had a read. So it's not what I was hoping for i.e. as for my previous Sensus car where you could tick the box for the Parking Brake to be activated every time the engine was turned off.

AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

When you plug a USB flash drive with MP3 files in to the ringed USB Port the infotainment system no longer complains that the USB device is corrupt/incompatible/malfunctioning.

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere.
2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Do they play or do you still need an app for that?

gedger

Post by gedger »

For info this is my 360 camera view since the upgrade, the rear camera is now set to be brighter than the rest, looks a bit odd during the day. Unfortunately having now tried it on a dark unlit road the improvement is still not sufficient to see where you're going..

IMG_3170.jpeg

PS. Ignore the green moire patterns they're an artefact of taking the picture

Question: My car is blue and doesn't have a sunroof, does the 360 camera not reflect this?
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue