Servicing

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

BuzBox wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:41 pm They add an extra year of Volvo Assist, but didn't someone post that a charge for doing so was added to the service invoice?
That was me and it was for access to the app rather than the breakdown cover
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Oh OK, from memory the charge was in the £30's? Seems a bit rich to charge on top of the price of a service.
AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

BuzBox wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:56 pm Oh OK, from memory the charge was in the £30's? Seems a bit rich to charge on top of the price of a service.
Just for comparison BMW charge me each year £79 for “Connected Drive” and a further £79 for navigation map updates. Ford used to charge me £48 ( 12 x £4 ) for Live Traffic.

Thirty-something GBP from Volvo seems decent value.
2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark
Deleted User 4737

Guess the more tech they can cram-in the more subscription charges we get shafted with!!
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I think Volvo offer one of the cheapest Connected Services around. Currently WiFi and All Download/Upload services (maps, live traffic, OTA updates, SoS, etc.) included for 4 years, then by subscription or connect to phone hotspot. I believe it betters even Toyota.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

BuzBox wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:01 am I would stay with Volvo to service your car. Get local independent quotes and ask your dealership to match the price, they will try their best to match those quotes. Looking to change the XC40 soon - Rav4 top of the shortlist. Impressive test drive and much lower service/ running costs, AWD with a 10yr warranty too. Very little not to like. Feel the XC40 is starting to look a little dated, and a 61 position from 75 in the latest Driver Power Survey seems disappointing.

Thanks for all replies. Buzz box , very much personal choice, but you say very little not to like regards the RAV4. One thing I don’t like is the look, and because of this I would never consider it as a replacement for the XC40. Which despite the age of the design, still looks as fresh as it did when launched, and betters the looks of many of it’s newer competitors…in my humble opinion.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Stovo, I have to agree, I also don't like the interior, the transmission and the way it drives. Warranty is good though but I'd be wishing it would blow up so I could replace it!
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 4737

I have liked the XC40 but its entering its 6th year without design change and choosing again would take that design to 9 years when, for me, its already looking dated with rounded lines. The Rav4 looks fresh with modern chiselled-lines and has a more modern robust interior, but more importantly, with all this intense race to install vast amounts of new tech, long warranties and sound reliability are a must - 3yrs 60k miles is not good enough.
Australians have a saying; if you want to go into the bush, take an SUV............................if you want to come out again, take a Toyota.
Deleted User 4737

JFDIT wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:26 am Stovo, I have to agree, I also don't like the interior, the transmission and the way it drives. Warranty is good though but I'd be wishing it would blow up so I could replace it!
You seem to dislike the Rav4 immensely and yet highly respected auto-critics write;

"You can’t knock the Toyota RAV4 because it’s well-built, economical, practical, reliable, and comfortable. And it seems the world agrees, because the RAV4 was the fourth best-selling car on the planet – and the best-selling SUV of them all. When it comes to covering all the bases, the Toyota RAV4 drives neatly, rides very well, is highly practical, provides efficiency thanks to its all-hybrid engine line-up and is solidly built with its chiselled looks helping it to stand out against rivals."
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

All I can say about the RAV4 is that beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.
But if you like it please buy one.
Lincolnshire England.