Engine System Service Required HELP!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
josheyb1

Post by josheyb1 »

Good Morning, first post on here hoping for help!
Have a 2020 XC40 in lease due to go back December, my car just had its 3rd service, on the way to the service the “engine system service required” message came on.
On collection they said it was just a general error and they updated software and it has now gone…
3 days later it came back! They collected the car and said it’s a ghost code not related to anything so wiped it… lo and behold it’s back!
The car is out of warranty on 20th December so needs sorting but they’re not willing to do anything please advise :)

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

You need to take a firmer line with them, escalate to Service Manager and if no joy email Franchise Manager and Volvo.

Which Dealership are you using?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Might be worth getting the lease company involved.
josheyb1

Post by josheyb1 »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:48 pm You need to take a firmer line with them, escalate to Service Manager and if no joy email Franchise Manager and Volvo.

Which Dealership are you using?
We spoke with the service manager, it’s Stoneacre Volvo Grimsby. So frustrating would you have any useful email addresses?
josheyb1

Post by josheyb1 »

Stovo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:54 pm Might be worth getting the lease company involved.
The lease is direct through Stoneacre Volvo
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Google Stoneacre and you'll find plenty.
Go back to the service manager and tell them you are escalating to the Franchise Manager and Volvo.
Lincolnshire England.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Also ask for it in writing Why it is acceptable to have a Fault displayed and resolution is not required.
Lincolnshire England.
josheyb1

Post by josheyb1 »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:04 pm Also ask for it in writing Why it is acceptable to have a Fault displayed and resolution is not required.
Just spoke to someone on Volvo chat, they’re going to reach out to the dealership for an answer If not I’ll have to call them again! Thanks for your advice. It’s not acceptable like you say!
Alexandrovich

Post by Alexandrovich »

Doesn't surprise me it's Stoneacre, my experience of them with other brand vehicles in the past, have had me deciding not to purchase from or use them again.
Volvo XC40 T4 MY20 FWD Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blond interior, Winter Pack, Tempra Spare, Privacy Glass, Mudflaps, Dashcam and Reversing Camera. AutoGlym LifeShine.
Perky

Post by Perky »

Stoneacre has been terrible to the point that I will not purchase any car from them again although I am kind of locked in for the service with them. They ruined 4 brand new alloys and strangely admitted it but were not prepared to replace them with brand new ones.
T4 AWD Oct 2019