2023 XC40 EV Boot specifications

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Enquirer62

Post by Enquirer62 »

Hi, Thank you for having me back on the Volvo forum again after 10 year absence since i parted with my V60 estate.
I am looking to purchase a new XC40 EV in the near future but would like to clarify a few points before i put myself in the clutches of my local dealer. Point1, The boot capacity is known but i need to know the measurements at floor level. I need at least 32inch width and 32inch depth from the back of rear seats to rear of boot floor, to accommodate my wife's electric mobility scooter. Anything over is a bonus.
Point2, Can the passenger and drivers seats be raised or lowered. Passenger seat needs to be at highest level to enable easier entry and exit.
Point3, Can the turning signal indicator sound level be raised or lowered. I need a high setting as i am slightly deaf.
Any information on the above will be greatly appreciated. David

Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

If I were you I would go to a dealership, and with your scooter, to test one out properly to see if it thoroughly suits your personal needs.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Width is no problem as 38" at floor level and 36" between the parcel shelf supports.

Front to back is 35" at floor level but the angle of the seats reduces this to about 31.5" from the top of the seat.

So should be fine but obviously depends on the shape of the scooter because the rear door angles as well as the seat backs. Good thing there is no lip into the boot.

So def worth a visit to the dealer.

Both front seats do raise but I think it's a no on the indicators. They are quite loud though.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Enquirer62

Post by Enquirer62 »

Thankyou for the replies. Looks like the boot is well big enough for my wife's scooter and the seats will adjust fine. Shame about the indicators having no volume adjustment as i have it on my MG SUV ZS EV and find it sets to a level i can hear. As you say they are loud enough so maybe it won't be a problem. Will take your advise and and contact dealer for test drive and chart. Thanks again. David