Google radio voice control - again

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

No not yet, I'll try it in a bit and report back.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

It works fine for me and I've tested it quite a bit. Note to self: I must get out more.
If you want FM radio station ask for the radio frequency rather than name. Variations on what I've said also work, but that is probably just Google "learning".
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
gedger

Post by gedger »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:54 pm You can of course just use your digit to select your chosen media from a selection of colourful descriptive icons!
You are making the huge assumption that everyone has a complete set of working digits to use….
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Just been and tried and Google says no!

Read out exactly as on the display and Google says you have poor connectivity and then silence. Used my digit to select and fine. Tried saying Favourites Radio 2 but no joy either.

For Absolute Radio I do have St at the end and either no reaction or tells me to install the YouTube app which I thought was already installed.

Would be good to use voice control more to keep the screen clean but I can't be bothered to mess around with it and shall stick with said digit.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Strange, mine works exactly as I described.
It's BBC Radio 2, just in case you said Radio 2.
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Just tried BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 2 DAB again and I get the response "Sure, here's Radio 2 on your car radio" But all I get is static and 88.1 on the display.

It's no biggie to use a digit on the display as I did with the Sensus (which didn't lose the station after a couple of days) but it's just a bit annoying when something doesn't work as it should. Everything else works fine with Google or voice activation so I can live with it.

What's frustrating is that with AAOS for most things you don't have to learn a load of phrases as you did with Sensus to get the best out of it but with the radio it doesn't work for some of us even if you do ask exactly the right thing.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

That's really odd. I can say "OK Google play BBC Radio 2" and it selects DAB BBC Radio 2. Or any other named station. I must be lucky!
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Volvo have broken it since you got yours!