New owner - 2020 B4 - Bluetooth audio + any way to know whether my software is up to date?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
K9plus1

Post by K9plus1 »

Hi all. New member here.

How do i select Bluetooth audio as a source? I only see FM and DAB on the centre console.

EDIT - thanks Chris for pointing out the Bluetooth app icon on the leftmost screen.

I am suspecting my software may be old and in need of an update.

Strangely. When connected to the Internet there is a message saying software update available, but there is nothing listed in download centre to download.

Thx
Last edited by K9plus1 on Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
volvo xc40 B4 mild hybrid

ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Try swiping to the right to get the left most screen.
If Bluetooth is connected for media you may find the icon there. Simply press it and it will swtch the source to bluetooth.
K9plus1

Post by K9plus1 »

ChrisS777 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:20 am Try swiping to the right to get the left most screen.
If Bluetooth is connected for media you may find the icon there. Simply press it and it will swtch the source to bluetooth.
thanks Chris .. I found it about 10 minutes after i posted the question. Thank you so much for your reply though. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to find out how to stream BT audio - never thought that it would be under 'apps' !
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Or press the speak button and say……wait for it…….Bluetooth….😂
Last edited by Chris John on Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

K9plus1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:04 am Hi all. New member here.

How do i select Bluetooth audio as a source? I only see FM and DAB on the centre console.

EDIT - thanks Chris for pointing out the Bluetooth app icon on the leftmost screen.

I am suspecting my software may be old and in need of an update.

Strangely. When connected to the Internet there is a message saying software update available, but there is nothing listed in download centre to download.

Thx
It maybe thats there's an update available, but not via over the air - try checking on line to see ?
If you've just picked the car up - did you buy from Volvo ? If so, I would have expected (and hoped) they would have done a software check / update as it's normally done at service time... worth an ask
K9plus1

Post by K9plus1 »

No. Picked up from used car dealership. I guess I can see if there have been any updates since the last official Volvo service assuming that they updated it when It was serviced in Feb 2023.
Spike56

Post by Spike56 »

It's very easy to miss the maps update. You check the installed apps, you check the available updates but the map update is a small message on the map icon. They are usually too large to download direct and require a USB stick download and upload. It could be just the latest version which has only recently come out.
K9plus1

Post by K9plus1 »

Spike56 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:51 am It's very easy to miss the maps update. You check the installed apps, you check the available updates but the map update is a small message on the map icon. They are usually too large to download direct and require a USB stick download and upload. It could be just the latest version which has only recently come out.
thanks. i'm downloading the map updates from volvo website now onto usb. fairly recent. Nov 23 update.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Most of the time you shouldn't have to use a USB as updates will happen over the air. That's assuming you have a SIM installed in the boot and the relevant boxes ticked in the display.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
K9plus1

Post by K9plus1 »

ChrisLF wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:28 pm Most of the time you shouldn't have to use a USB as updates will happen over the air. That's assuming you have a SIM installed in the boot and the relevant boxes ticked in the display.
Sim in the boot? The sim. Slot is just under the centre display for my B4. No, I don't have sim in he car. Usb update takes an age though. I hope the update continues between journeys as I struggle to make a 30m journey in 1 go.