Alarm LED & Dark Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
James859812

Post by James859812 »

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that the alarm LED is continuously flashing on my Volvo XC40 2023. Normally this only blinks every few seconds when I lock the car.
However, it doesnt matter if I'm driving, or the car is stationary, it blinks every 1-2 seconds approximately. As you can imagine it is very distracting when driving at night. I've also noticed that Google maps only displays in dark mode on the centre console, even in broad daylight, making following maps very difficult.

Does anyone have any suggestions please, or experiences in the past, and managed to resolve the issue? I've done a factory reset on the centre console, but that has not resolved the issue.

Thanks in advance,
James

gedger

Post by gedger »

What version of AAOS are you running? I haven't driven mine since the 2.12 upgrade....
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I think Day, Night or Auto background is under Settings-Navigation-Maps.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Shame you can't alter the driver display though.

As regards the alarm indicator light I think a trip to the dealer will be called for as it should only flash when the car is locked. That's a weird one!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I can't find those settings I mentioned in my earlier post. They are in my Google Maps phone app but not the car. Thought they were.... Perhaps I had a flashback to Sensus?!
Lincolnshire England.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

JFDIT wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:46 am Perhaps I had a flashback to Sensus?!
Youre right, those are settings found in Sensus.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I think I saw something too, it's not in Google Maps settings is it?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
percymon

Post by percymon »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:51 pm I think Day, Night or Auto background is under Settings-Navigation-Maps.
there's similar under the lighting controls section on Android cars - yet to see what some of the lighting controls in there actually do
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Not a lot as far as I can see. I've moved the slider from min to max and can't see any differences.

I've looked at settings in the centre display and Google maps and can't find anything to change from Night to Day display. This is the first car with a built-in sat nav where I've never been able to do this. Progress?

Reminds me of when I was at work and our IT use to disable many of the basic functions on the computers which I'd be used to using on my home PC!

Probably explains that dismal map on the drivers display as it always has to be in a night setting as can't be changed?

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

To some degree I quite like having simplified controls. Hundreds of settings and parameters hidden in the depths of multilayered menus isn't really useful if all you want to do is jump in and drive.
Seriously, is this level of complexity necessary in a Car?
Lincolnshire England.