Jacking points, again

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Perky

Post by Perky »

I asked this previously and was guided to the vertical metal sheet where there is a cut out of the plastic side trim. I had to use the jack; it is metal on metal. I had an old shammy in the car so I placed it protect the metal on the car (rightly or wrongly). I managed to get the job done safely but once finished the shammy was sliced by the sharp metal sheet on the car but at least the paint on the metal was protected.
I asked the head mechanic at the dealership and very concerningly he didn't know where the jack should go as they use big blocks of rubber to raise the car.
The blocks of plastic under the car are not in the same position where the arrows on the plastic side trims are and I think raising the car using the jack can either damage those plastics or the jack slide.

Does anyone know for sure where the jack points are? I have seen rubber blocks sold on Amazon for using jacks and wonder whether I should get one.
T4 AWD Oct 2019

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

It's in the manual and plenty of videos on YouTube.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Perky wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:41 pm
I have seen rubber blocks sold on Amazon for using jacks and wonder whether I should get one.
You don’t need them. Just follow the instructions from the owner manual.