Insurance Renewals

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

We've been with LV for cars and house insurance for years as well as increases have been within the point at which I start looking elsewhere but if renewals in a few months time are anything like yours I will be kissing them goodbye. Real shame if that is the case as I was surprised at how cheap the Audi TT was. Ok it's getting on now, but it's a soft top sports car and as said you can always be involved in an accident with a much more expensive car!

Car insurance I get to some extent with the increasing number of BEVs and parts supplies for some cars though I'm not convinced by the amount of the increases but house insurance! How can that sort of increase be justified!
Last edited by ChrisLF on Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

There has been a lot of Flooding payouts in recent years which will increase everyone's premium.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

There is that, but 62%!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

If you look carefully at the small print in insurance companies T&C’s, there is clause that states the can ‘take the piss’ when it comes to renewal quotes.😂😂
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

It's also happening with health cover. Our premium last year was £2,800, full cover for a couple in their late 60s. Renewal £4400! Roughly 57% more. A couple of phone calls brought it down to £3300 with the same provider to match the best quote we could get elsewhere.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Just had our house insurance renewal with LV and it's gone up 37%. Not as bad as others have had but we will be looking around again now.

Couple of months before we get the LV car insurance renewals so will see what they are.

Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Dreading my renewal quote. Wife (named driver) hit one of those gate posts that suddenly jump out in front of you, did more than enough damage we had to claim on insurance. So with that and general increases, looking at a second mortgage to pay renewal.
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

Last year Ihas a Mazda CX-30, top spec, and the premium was £390. When I swapped to the XC40 they didn’t add more, but I only had 6 weeks to run. Got the renewal this week - £660. Did the Meerkat thing, got it down to £450 with better benefits, which given the car is quite a bit more expensive was bearable. Oh and the £660 was in line with what the Meerkat’s said for that insurer. It makes you wonder about the actuarial tables these people use.
2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I'd really like to hear them justify these massive increases. I know BEVs keep being cited as a factor but currently they only make up a small percentage of cars on the road.

percymon

Post by percymon »

if you use a cashback service like Quidco or topcashback you can often get £45 back on a new premium. just a few extra clicks of effort.