Insurance Renewals

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Volvobadger

Post by Volvobadger »

Hi,

It's annual renewal time and as the AA decided to increase my premium 250% with no changes other than another years no claims ( 15 years ) on a 2023 B4 Ultimate I'm shopping around.

So far - Aviva is double last years quote, direct line won't even quote.

Anybody finding the same this year?

smertlesxo

Post by smertlesxo »

Hey, I've a B4 ultimate, switched over from Skoda Karoq Sportline in July and my premium went down. £600 per year. That's with Admiral, give them a go?
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I’m expecting the same in the new year when my insurance is due for renewal, I am currently with John Lewis and they currently will not quote on full electric cars and when I tried to get a quote for my plug in T4 they wouldn’t quote on that either. I understand that numerous companies are reassessing their insurance for electric cars criteria based on the fact they can be difficult to get repaired and expensive.

I thought that it was mainly all electric cars that were effected by this problem but from your comments it could be that any cars with a battery in them is spooking some insurance companies.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Quotes for our P8 twin motor recently were LV £600 ish, Saga £420 and most surprisingly Volvo insurance at £36 per month. Did not need insurance yet as we still have another 15 months on the 3 years Volvo cover included with the purchase but was just curious in view of all the recent publicity. Might be worth running a quote with Volvo. Its a rolling monthly deal as far as I can tell.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Volvobadger

Post by Volvobadger »

Admiral were just as expensive as my worst quote, more than don't do insurance on cars any more, I gave up with hastings, volvo quote wasn't competitive.

Aviva through the comparethemarket site came out cheapest so far - but that's still £200 more than last years quote - and it looks like a different product than standard aviva insurance. The search continues....
Perky

Post by Perky »

Yep!

My brother works for a large insurance company and said it would get worse in the new year. The cost of labour and parts have caused this.

I am with Saga and they have a three year fixed policy. The price this year is the same as last year but the excess is now £400 instead of £150. When I searched around, it is still the cheapest.
T4 AWD Oct 2019
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

As well as a dramatic increase in costs, insurers have also reconfigured their risk profiling. I'd therefore recommend disregarding past pricing and starting over - use at least three comparison services in addition to getting quotes form insurers not on such services e.g. Aviva, NFU etc.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I am aware that insurance premiums have increased significantly as a result of inflation on parts and labour costs etc. My renewal quote from Direct Line is £570, a 70% increase on last year. Have done the comparisons and can get quotes for similar cover in the mid to high £400s/ low £500s from a number of companies but not ones I am too familiar with other than AXA and Aviva. I have max no claims and no other issues.
Anyone have any recommendations based on reasonable value/ quality of service? Thanks.
XC40 B3 Plus in Silver Dawn. Ordered 30 Nov 23, handover 11 Dec 23.
gedger

Post by gedger »

I've always used LV and found them to be competitive, offer a well priced breakdown (Britannia Rescue) and the claim service to be quick and fair.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
My renewal went from £352 last year to £623 this year, viewed all the usual comparison sites and that renewal quote wasn’t too bad with most of the quotes being £700+ with the exception of Aviva, that was £429. The policy with Aviva is online only with the exception of making a claim.

Did some research and reviews, all insurance companies are good at setting up a policy and taking your money but what are they like when making a claim? Anyway went with Aviva after further research and an ok verdict from which
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my