Cannot Select Available Radio Station with Voice

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Gazza2207

Post by Gazza2207 »

Hi

New XC40 Mild Hybrid B3 Plus

I can select Virgin Radio Anthems manually on the Centre Screen but when I use voice it says the station is only available if I install TuneIn.

Same with Heart Radio. Can select manually but if I use voice it needs me to install Rayo first.

Wierd!!

Any special voice commands needed to play a Radio Station already available withiut installing these additional Apps, which are ckearly uneccessary.

Thanks

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Sounds like it's looking for the streamed version. Maybe it needs a more direct instruction to find it in radio?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

When I lost Radio 2 the other day I asked Google to play Radio 2 and it did but it wasn't the DAB station I usually listen to and had poor reception.

Went into favourites and selected Radio 2 DAB from there to get what I wanted.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I believe I posted before that if you request the exact DAB Radio name it works. Is it BBC Radio 2?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

viewtopic.php?t=3695

I tested this out just now on mine and it still works as I described in this previous post. Well, it does on mine!
Lincolnshire England.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Did anyone get the Radio Voice Search to work in the way I described or is it just mine that works that way!?
Lincolnshire England.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I have the same difficulty - if I ask for Absolute Rock, Planet Rock and so on, it tells me I must first download Rayo (and sends me a text to that effect), even though the stations are available on DAB and I can select them manually. I was just talking to the Head of Sales at the dealership on another matter and asked him about this. He said, "I know exactly what you mean and it is VERY irritating." Hopefully, the message will get back to Volvo. I presume Google would prefer we streamed our music rather than listen over the airwaves.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Update... Planet Rock is now OK and Absolute 80s works by voice, but Absolute Rock still requires the app to be installed. I haven't tried working through all my favourite stations...
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
gedger

Post by gedger »

Absolute Classic Rock is only just moving onto Dab+, not sure if it's nationwide yet?
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
JB XC40

Post by JB XC40 »

I say play virgin radio on radio and it works fine.
Ordered Volvo XC40 B4 Mild Hybrid Ultimate Dark
Silver Dawn 20” 5 Double Spoke Alloys
Delivered July 2023