Waking up issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Autosoterism

Post by Autosoterism »

XC40 has been completely dead. Both times, after a few hours, it starts like nothing happened. I open the door, nothing lights up, nothing reacts, no lights, no sounds. The second time, I had been sitting in the car for maybe 30 minutes waiting on the tow truck. I was playing a phone game and the car lit up all if the sudden. I did nothing, key had been laying in the cup holder and the driver door was open. I was sitting in the driver seat. If anyone has any ideas, share them please..

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Which model and year you have would help!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

I can't contribute any ideas regarding the reason or a fix, but my wife had this once with her 2021 T3. She's called Volvo assist who were sending recovery and then it just came to life. The dealership checked it out and found absolutely nada, and it's never done it again. Like I said - a completely useless comment, but at least you now know you're not alone.
T3 R-Design, Fusion Red, Early 21 (hers). Fully loaded.
B4 Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Late 23 (mine).
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Our 2022 P8 twin motor did this once when a few months old. Completely dead and unresponsive. Volvo on call spent around 90 minutes trying to work out how to get it out of the garage when it sprang into life again. Checked over by local dealer and nothing found to explain it. the inevitable "software issue" was the best they could offer. Hasn't happened again - yet
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
stu22

Post by stu22 »

We had this with our old 2019 T3 - dealer never got to the bottom of it despite being recovered 3 times and failing twice that, Volvo Technical involved and they couldn't resolve either. Ended up P/x'ing it for a new XC60.
Gave impression of a totally flat battery but wasn't......